Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stealth Modded Hoppers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Poll Question: How integral would this gear be in your style of play?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [36.67%]
16 [26.67%]
3 [5.00%]
5 [8.33%]
14 [23.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 2:00pm
I'm sure you could sell for more than $10, but for that price, more people will be willing to spend the money on it. "Snipers" will definetly buy them even at a higher price.
paintball437085 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball437085 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 3:06pm
i hope borg wont sue you for his idea.
psn=Xx_DY3_xX
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 3:39pm
He'll have to speak with my patent lawyer if he comes over from Croatia, no offense Borg.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball437085 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 3:47pm
lol
psn=Xx_DY3_xX
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 5:44pm

Originally posted by paintball437085 paintball437085 wrote:

i hope borg wont sue you for his idea.

he coudent anyways, borg should of jump'd on the idea in the first place, his loss really lol.

Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:58pm
By volentarily places a how-to video of an un-patented product on the net, he sacrafices all rights to claim infringement of intullectual property.
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
ibuprofen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibuprofen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 12:03pm

i saw your thread on 98OG (I'm a member on A5OG)

http://www.98og.net/98og/showthread.php?t=629

I've been doing alot of silence and camo mods lately. polished internals, silencing my pods and actually bought materials to silence my hopper yesterday. I just but a sheet of non sticky 2mm foam for $1 from a craft store and was going to cut and glue it to the inside of my hoppers but stumbled apon your thread before I started. Your product looks way easier.

If you have an opening left I'd take one of your x7 designs and test it for you. I will probably do my regular a5 one using my own 2mm foam too and compare the noise difference. I'd be happy to write up a review/comparison for you. if you don't have any spots left that's fine. just let me know.

I sent you a PM too.

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 6:05pm

Finally my review.  I finally got the inserts into the hopper.  No mean feat considering my lack of dextrous, nimble fingers.  I couldn't make it look as nice as the pictures, so there were some gaps here and there.  The only thing that was more frustrating was not being able to put the hopper lid spring back in.  Unfortunately it is a necissity as I re-load during games and I have a camo hopper cover that already interferes with the lid staying up.

I found that the foam inserts do indeed quiet the hopper.  The only place where the balls rattle is up against the hopper lid (which has been taken care of already).  My problem with putting foam on the hopper lid is not being able to see how much paint I have left.  And I can't really tell by shaking the hopper since it is a lot more silent due to the inserts.

The one thing I tested that nobody else (that I can recall) is the hopper shot.  How many here have had paint break inside their hopper from it being hit every once and awhile?  I know I have.  With the hopper full of paint, I took another marker and shot it from several distances all the way up to 10' away.  Never suffered a break inside.  So, not only do the inserts quiet the hopper, it also protects the paint inside.

I did notice a loss of capacity of around 20 paintballs, but that really isn't much considering the benefits.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 12:07am
Did you fire shots at an unpadded hopper to see if you got breaks?

Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 4:09pm
So I've been thinking of having pre-made hoppers for peeps that don't have an A5, X7 or R5 hopper. Thing is, I gotta sell them at a premium because I won't get any discounts for the hoppers and can't buy THAT much bulk to knock down the price. Cost of hopper($?) + liner($15) = $25 - $35 for my pre-mades. Thoughts?
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 12:00am

What about setting up a site so that people can send you whatever hopper they have, do it at home from the patterns you already have, and then send it back? Simply including the return shipping as part of the price. Most hoppers (or at least the empty shells) would be so light the cost would be almost nothing. I don't think it will get too out of control, and start eating all your free time, but even if it does, who doesn't love the $'s?

98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Nagash1959 Nagash1959 wrote:

What about setting up a site so that people can send you whatever hopper they have, do it at home from the patterns you already have, and then send it back? Simply including the return shipping as part of the price. Most hoppers (or at least the empty shells) would be so light the cost would be almost nothing. I don't think it will get too out of control, and start eating all your free time, but even if it does, who doesn't love the $'s?

Hmmmmm....I'll have to chew on that one. Thanks for the suggestion Nagash. Anyways, I was surfing ebaY and uh-oh, CRAP! The darn thing's fugly, but I hope their liner isn't patented and damned if I'll ask. Man, this process of talking to patent lawyers, the expense I have to bear and wondering if someone's going to usurp my hard work is really taxing. I hope I'm not pissing in the wind.
Badge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 6:04am
I sent you a PM, I would like to order you kit for my X7 hit me up on a pm with info.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball437085 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 6:34pm
even if you do get bombarded with hoppers you can expand by hiring people on the fourm to help.
psn=Xx_DY3_xX
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by paintball437085 paintball437085 wrote:

even if you do get bombarded with hoppers you can expand by hiring people on the fourm to help.

Employees? Haha, at least let me get it off the ground first. I will admit that I at least have one employee though, my wife.
Pntbalbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pntbalbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 12:05am

Hey folks. new to the site.  Happen to catch this post floatin on the web, looks really cool.  Then you said we could try it!  I'll be willing to put the word out everywhere.  I play on a pretty serious scenerio team.  Got a nice forum. 

Do you think I could get a set for the X7?  I'll take a few pics and post them too

Not all who wonder are lost.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 11:50am

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Did you fire shots at an unpadded hopper to see if you got breaks?

It was an afterthought.  I have had breaks in the past when my hopper has been shot in a game.  They pretty much stopped after I put a neoprene cover over the hopper.

Nikolai049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikolai049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 10:47am
Originally posted by kurieitaa kurieitaa wrote:

but then again, if you make the stencles and offer "spec ops" some sort of a deal, it might work, anything "sniper" sells like crazy on there.

Must be the Call of Duty 4 crowd rearing their ugly head..
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Nikolai049 Nikolai049 wrote:

Must be the Call of Duty 4 crowd rearing their ugly head..

That wouldn't be such a bad thing for my mods, that's for sure!
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 3:06pm
Ok guys, good news for those with an R5 that would like to field test it. I have 2 slots left and as it has been from the beginning, all you have to do is try my mod and test it to the best of your ability. When you feel that you've tested all that you can, post up and tell everybody how it went for you. After that you enjoy the mod and tell all your pals about it.

Here's the completed field tests and current active participants.

A5 Participants:(closed)
1. StormyKnight [TIPPMANN Forum reviewed]
2. The Guy [TIPPMANN Forum reviewed]
3. Yomillio and Matt [TIPPMANN Forum reviewed]
4. Nagash1959 [TIPPMANN Forum reviewed]
5. ctchofday [TIPPMANN Forum reviewed]

X7 Participants:(closed)
1. Reb Cpl [TIPPMANN Forum reviewed]
2. nchittendon [98OG]
3. greasegun1964 [98OG reviewed]
4. KRA SHARPSHOOTER [A5OG reviewed]
5. Ghost Rider [A5OG]