Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stealth Modded Hoppers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Poll Question: How integral would this gear be in your style of play?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [36.67%]
16 [26.67%]
3 [5.00%]
5 [8.33%]
14 [23.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stealth Modded Hoppers
    Posted: 16 May 2008 at 9:07am

Now this has been done before, the sound dampening of hoppers or 'stealth modding'. I saw a dude from Croatia on YouTube make one and decided that, I'd give it a try. The A5 drum was the first, but I think the pattern can be better.....

.....like my X7 Hopper. I patterned it in such a way that it lessens the number of pieces that need to be applied to the interior of the hopper. It's a little trickier to apply, but not too difficult.

My intention is to try and sell the precut patterns on ebaY to see how they do. I'd like to hear your opinions or questions about it. Thanks all.

Edited by techietaichi - 11 July 2008 at 1:13pm
tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:36am
pretty neat. i really don't care how loud my marker is, but there is certainly a market for this.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:00pm
Ricochet has a sound deadening insert for their hoppers.  The brief 8 hours I owned one of their junk hoppers, I had the insert and it worked quite well.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:48pm
Meh, I am normally shooting anyways so i can already be heard. If I am trying to be "stealthy" it is normally at the beginning of the insertion so my hopper is normally full.
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:18pm
What I'm getting at is night play and CQB or MOUT Combat where silence is a boon. Certainly helps to get the drop on the next guy, know what I mean?
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 11:58pm
thats a pretty neat idea for the night time play.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 1:33am
Here's the video that compelled me to give this idea a go. I just improved and continue to improve on Borg's original idea(to make it my own) and have templates for the A5 and X7 Hoppers. Soon I'll be making templates for the Ricochet R5. Watch the end of his video of how well the sound dampening material works. It's really pretty freakin' cool.

Edited by techietaichi - 17 May 2008 at 1:55am
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 4:10am
oh Borg-Tech, i remember him, yea that guy has a lot of cool things on his you tube page, the home made bi-pod is and the foam gun case are really good and usefull (and a few others).
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:14am
Something like this wouldn't help my style of play at all, but there definitely is a distinct (and possibly limited) market for it.  I wish you luck.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:38pm
but then again, if you make the stencles and offer "spec ops" some sort of a deal, it might work, anything "sniper" sells like crazy on there.
WrongFoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WrongFoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 6:10pm
Thats interesting, I always though hoppers where to loud.
LooK!
NO HANDLEBARS!!!!!!
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:04pm
They're actually quite simple to make, but now that I have templates for the X7 and A5 hoppers and soon the R5, I figured what the hell, I'll cut a few patterns and try to sell 'em to players that don't want to hassle with purchasing and creating a pattern of their hoppers for themselves. All they have to do is apply, that's it. It was a pain to find just the right material that would suit ME and now I have a large amount of it. I'll probably do a vid like Borg-Tech to help with application for any that buy and to demonstrate how quiet it is. I'm very impressed with the mod. And for those that do not understand, this is for the element of surprise. Of course you're going to make hella noise when you shoot, BUT this is to help make sure YOU'RE the one that shoots FIRST. The element of surprise. I'm telling you, night play and indoor CQB, this will make a difference in regard to sound off your marker as you move.

I tell you what guys, I'm willing to cut 10 patterns, five A5 and five X7 patterns for any of you seriously interested in giving this a try. I'll even mail them to you for FREE! You don't pay me a cent, however it's not without a fee. Your fee will be a serious feedback about what you found to be strengths and/or weaknesses so it'll help me improve what I'm trying to create. I want them posted here, for all to see, either good or ill. So if your interested and can really take the time to thoroughly critique this proto-gear then post and I'll contact you. This may move to a different thread if I don't get enough hits, but post up anyway. I look forward to sending one of these to you.

A5 Participants:
1. StormyKnight
2. The Guy
3. Yomillio and friend
4. Nagash1959

X7 Participants:
1. Reb Cpl

Ricochet R5 Participants:
COMING SOON!

Edited by techietaichi - 06 June 2008 at 1:55am
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:05am
Here's the A5 stock hopper pattern drawn out....

....and then cut and ready for install. All you have to do is peel and stick.

I'll be cutting more A5's and maybe some X7's tonight. So what about it peeps, review my stealthTech Hopper Liner; a serious review and I'll send one for free. Check the list above and get your spot. Thanks!

Edited by techietaichi - 11 July 2008 at 1:14pm
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:56pm
I'll give it a shot Techie, I'll even break out the sound equipment and give it a full breakdown. You know, to make it all scientific and stuff.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by kurieitaa kurieitaa wrote:

oh Borg-Tech, i remember him, yea that guy has a lot of cool things on his you tube page, the home made bi-pod is and the foam gun case are really good and usefull (and a few others).

yeah, i just watched his bipod video and it gave me ideas, now i know why mine didn't work.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 3:04pm
alright then The Guy, what'll ya' be havin' an X7 or A5? PM me with the info and I'll have it cut up and out tomorrow.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 6:25pm
If I had my A-5 here I would think about it.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 9:40pm
Given the large number of gravity red hoppers out there, you should design one for the average gravity fed hopper.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
god-o-paintball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote god-o-paintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:53pm
ya i watched last month and im thinking about doing it but im gonna wait till i get my other hopper so i have another just in case i mess up this one by some stupid reason. but i do like this idea.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 1:38am
Ok, all the A5 patterns have been cut. I have 2 patterns left to be applied and one(1) hopper that has the stealthTech Hopper Liner already installed. For anyone interested, I'll trade my A5(or X7) hopper with you so long as your's isn't beat to hell. However, I currently have the A5 and the X7 hoppers up on ebaY, so stand by if you're interested in securing the hopper and PM me to get first crack at it. Keep in mind that your trading with me helps, 'cause then I can do an 'Application" video.

I'm making the X7 patterns as well tonight and will be creating templates for the Ricochet R5 sometime next week, so those with that hopper can get in on the fun and try this out too. Have a good one guys, it's back to using my noodle.

Edited by techietaichi - 22 May 2008 at 2:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic