Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tippmann pistol
    Posted: 19 August 2008 at 11:26pm
any news or updates, or possibly when to expect them other than FALL 2008?
"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 3:49am
Quote from another forum (which copied it from another forum [MCB got it from X7OG])

"Alrighty. This weekend, at the Wasaga Beach Paintball Outbreak game, I got a chance to corner a Tippmann rep and picked his brain for almost over a half hour on the sidearm. Now, he hummed and hawed about what he couldn't tell me, but I'm pretty good at asking the right questions. So, here's what I've learned.

The gun will supposedly be shaped similar to a Glock at the front end, but similar to the T8 at the back end with a smaller rear profile.

A bottom mount rail is supposed to be standard, but apparently there's division on the design team. Some seem to think it should be standard, others think it should be a purchase add-on. Figures.

The sights will apparently be a fixed rear notch, with a removable front blade. They haven't decided if it's going to be removeable, but it's a sidearm and it needs to be drawn quickly. I informed him that from personal experience a front blade sight will always grab (Murphy's Law) at the exact wrong time. Make it removeable. He's apparently arguing the same way.

The weapon will apparently fit an actual sliding safety, not a post or switch type safety (as seen on the T8).

The weapon will also be approx. 1/2 to 2/3 the weight of the T8, making it very light and easy to handle for our younger, smaller players.

The pistol grip will be a Colt .45 frame, just slightly larger due to ammo size differences.

The magazine will not be made of metal, but a high density polymer. Also, it's supposed to be less than half the price of the T8 mags.

The weapon itself will be built around a "revolutionary technology" that he wouldn't go into. So, unfortunately not much on that front. He did say that they're working on 40+ shots to the 12 gram, which I highly doubt. But, he did say it wouldn't be an MLA (magnetic linear accelerator) weapon. I was joking when I asked him that, and then spent 15 minutes explaining what that was. For those that don't know, it's the rail gun.

They're apparently going to try to keep the size down to a larger frame automatic, so it can actually fit in a regular holster rather than a smecially made holster. This will be good for us tactical players who don't like the rinkey dink holsters currently out for these weapons.

I'll update this as the conversation comes back to me. Alot happened after this, and some of it's escaped me at this time."
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 10:46am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

The weapon will also be approx. 1/2 to 2/3 the weight of the T8, making it very light and easy to handle for our younger, smaller players.

that really light, the t8 is only a pound and a half. hopefully its a tough as the other tippmann guns. and i hope its not plastic

Edited by K Hop - 20 August 2008 at 10:54am
Akhmed View Drop Down

(Akhmed is not his real name)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 11:22am
Man, I can barely sit still thinking about this, and this is the first time I have gotten even marginally excited about a pistol.
"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. "
Most awesome site EVAR!
K Hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:53pm
^^^ its the first time i've been marginally excited about any new paintball marker. i wonder if it will be buildable like the t9 or just be a sidearm.
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Also, it's supposed to be less than half the price of the T8 mags.

my favorite part of the whole story

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 4:39pm
I'd still rather have a Crosman
t_hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 5:48pm

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

you don't know really know anything about it though. this is all we can assume but can't confirm. maybe you don't know you'd rather have a crosman.

KSTIPPHEAD View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSTIPPHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 2:16am
I'm looking forward to it...
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

good luck finding good paint for it. Or being able to use it in a FPO field.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 6:24pm
Some of what DeTrev said is wrong, but I wont say what.

Its coming, very soon.
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by KSTIPPHEAD KSTIPPHEAD wrote:

I'm looking forward to it...
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
lilsully4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilsully4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2008 at 12:53am

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

So if I were to offer Pie...

t_hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2008 at 1:28am

Its coming, very soon.

be more specific on the time frame, before thanksgiving maybe?

Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 3:31pm

I have been trying for years to find a reasonably priced pistol with decent functionality.

Ideally I want to Duel weild pistols.

But the T8 are waay to over priced and the one I used had air problems and chops balls when you smack in the clip. For $40 a clip+ Shipping they can bite my A$$.

I don't understand why they even make pistols with the screw cap CO2 changers.  Don't they know we are weraing gloves and covered in dirt and sweat?

I just found out about Tippman making a pistol and I hope they don't screw it up and make it affordable to buy extra clips.  They have a chance to dominate the market here.

I don't care about size or weight.

1.)Make it quick and easy to reload Co2

2.)get more then 10 shots out of a cartrige

3.) Make it easy to realod from 10round tubes. If making money on the back end off clips is a concern then desgin affordable specific 10 round tubes.

You can make it modular for all the lights and lazers and stocks I don't care just make it a decent pistol that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Paintball has been around long enough that we should have a decent affordable pistol on the Market. Hell give me the direct contact to the desgin team.

Honestly how hard is it to make a quick change for the CO2 and an easy removable back cap to load balls from a 10 round tube?

We can make guns that shoot a million balls a second, hoppers with carousels linked to the eyes of a marker, but they can't make a decent paintball pistol for under $230 and $40 a clip?

Anyone want to invest in my idea? We could make millions!!!

K Hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Skeletor Skeletor wrote:

We can make guns that shoot a million balls a second, hoppers with carousels linked to the eyes of a marker, but they can't make a decent paintball pistol for under $230 and $40 a clip? 

True, yes. But those guns are also quite expensive if you hadn't noticed, as well as the hoppers.

Make your own? Sounds like you have enough ideas.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Skeletor Skeletor wrote:

I have been trying for years to find a reasonably priced pistol with decent functionality.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:41pm

Originally posted by K Hop K Hop wrote:

True, yes. But those guns are also quite expensive if you hadn't noticed, as well as the hoppers.

Thats exactly my point those guns+hopper will run you the same price as trying to purchase Duel wielding T8 if you include clips, holster and guns.

I calculated if you want to duel weild 2 T8 + 3 extra clips for each gun+ the clip holders+ the holsters you will end up spending in the range of $800+ with tax and shipping.  Not to mention that pistol is picky with paint and you only get 8 shots/ co2 cartrage

There are decently priced pistols on the market for around $80-$100 but they are all not practical desgin for effcient ball and air reloading. All someone needs to do is give a little design loving to the current pistols and you have a decent affordable pistol.

Thats why I am hoping they guys at Tippman are going to do things right. If they can make a pistol for even $120 MSRP with the simple desgin additions of easy loading from a 10 round tube and quick and easy CO2 reload they can dominate the market. 

Edited by Skeletor - 17 September 2008 at 12:44pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:53pm

Its coming, very soon.

I just copied/pasted. :)
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 3:16pm
The biggest problem with efficinacy is cocking the marker.  Pumpers only get about 40 rounds out of a CO2 while those of us that have used Zues/ACP style pistols get 17-22 and that's if we're lucky and not shooting very quickly. Semi-Auto + 12 Gram = very low shot count per 12 gram.
New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic