tippmann pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 9:40pm
Are you the same jimmy from lapco 
JimmyNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 5:03pm
The official story was that a 'new tippmann product' was stolen. Some people assume this to mean it was the pistol. 
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 9:41am
I heard the prototype was stolen at WC. Truth?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 3:25am
I saw it, and I must say I'm disappointed. I'm hoping the marker I saw was "cheesy prototype" plastic. It just looked rough. Also, I'm getting the same "power tool" feelings I'm getting from the Triumph series.

And the trigger looks liked it was stolen from Brass Eagle! Really? I don't mind the rest, but the crappy ribbed plastic trigger NEEDS TO GO.

Man I hope they aren't done refining it...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

JimmyNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 4:57pm
Don't suppose anybody can tell us WHEN (exact day and time) the official unveiling is? I mean ya can't exactly keep it secret much longer, the cat's out of the bag in a manner of speaking, that pic of the tippmann pistol I posted is right now doing the rounds on a tonne of other paintball forums.
YeTI_north View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YeTI_north Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 3:42pm
O come on. It is the Week end of the 25 Why Can we not see the Img????

YeTI
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 8:47am
the most awesome part was that when we got the Original look at the Pistol I recommended the Lanyard Loop you see on the rear of the Pistol Grip. Everyone here has seen the grief stricken "have anyone found my Tac-8" threads on Game boards after major events. It's always cool to see something you recommend make it into a marker.

We used to have to have coiled lanyards on our Service Pistols in the Marines so you dont end up loosing it. I think It will save a lot of players grief. Still I thinks its more awesome looking than a Tac-8
JimmyNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 5:30am
<Image removed until official launch at PSP world cup.>

Edited by Evil Elvis - 25 October 2008 at 12:29pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 12:09pm
I like the mag, where you using it at TWC last month? As I am building up some "spare" parts as I upgrade mine, I was thinking about making a pistol. Where did you get the barrel?
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
AgentSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 5:40pm

And I thank you, sir!

It's a passion for me and as someone who's done it so long, well... To me playing pistol IS paintball.  Loving paintball means loving pistol play, I do have to thank the best field I've ever played, Hell Survivors in Mi.  If they hadn't been calling people out when I hit them once all these years, I couldn't exist as I do and still make an impact.  You can't play pistol very well if you have to shoot people into submission! I've found that at the top skill levels(and with these guys around, WHEEEE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8yfmM6hKCs ), it's the first few balls out of your gun that do the job or you're doomed, so why carry extra?

For me, this picture says it all:

Heh, my gallery:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/showgallery.php?thumbson ly=0&perpage=90&cat=500&ppuser=146&thumbchec k=0&page=1&sortby=&sorttime=&way=&date=

Rob

Edited by AgentSmith - 21 October 2008 at 5:43pm
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 2:29am
Wow Agent Smith you  truly are a pistol Guru.

I tip my hat to you sir
AgentSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 8:15am

Ah, Sorry RogueITSB,

That's a little confusing as I was switching back and forth talking about my TAG and my Sheridan P68SC, both of which I wear as a sidearm at different times to my main pistol.  The Cooper-T 'Better Bolt'(which backspins like a flatline) is in my P68SC.

I suggested to a friend of mine, sidetapping the air through the side of the gripframe on the tag8.  In this way you could remove the check valve from the magazine(replacing it with a plate for the screws that hold the mags together), then hardline the sidetap to an ASA under the barrel on the rail with one of the little 9.5/3000psi airtanks.

You'd be able to use mags and C/A that way, but for my use 12grams are a must.  Though when I play speedball(rarely), I use a 3.5co2:

However, for woods, big game and SPPL play, holster work is essential to my game, that's why I'm in line for a pair of Tippmanns!

Rob

Edited by AgentSmith - 20 October 2008 at 8:15am
RogueITSPB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogueITSPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 6:16am

Just wanted to add that I'm glad they went with underbarrel CO2, since that makes it a lot easier to mod for constant air.  With the Tib8, if you want constant air you're either losing the ability to change mags quickly (because the CA kit they sell is a nipple on a long tube that screws in where the puncture pin goes), or you're doing some serious, serious airsmithing.  I did a really sick constant air-thru grip setup on my ACP 2.0 the only problem being that its internals are garbage and I go through cup seals faster than I can go through a 9oz. CO2 tank.  If I could have an easy mag reload like the Tib8 with constant air, I'd play pistol primary a lot more often.

PS- AgentSmith- what's this about a Cooper-T bolt for the T8?  Where would I find one of those?

Rogue
Chairman/Co-Captain Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team
Proudly Sponsored by Urban Ops Armory (uoarmory.com) and Cousins Paintball NJ (cousinspaintball.com)
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:56pm
I havent heard any of platinum members getting an email and their addresses were not listed in the To: box, unless Tippmann sent out different emails. 
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by t_hop t_hop wrote:

well i hope their definition of "long before" is approaching faster than it seems. You guys were kidding about the emails right?

No, not really. The emails went out to all the plat/mods. The unveiling will be at World Cup. They should be available within a month or so after that.

I knew all the mods were on the list but I didn't realize that the other e-mails were limited to just platinum members.  I got the impression that quite a few of the respected gold members and even a few regular members were on the list as well.

Huh, idk. I didn't care enough to ask around.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

well i hope their definition of "long before" is approaching faster than it seems. You guys were kidding about the emails right?

No, not really. The emails went out to all the plat/mods. The unveiling will be at World Cup. They should be available within a month or so after that.

I knew all the mods were on the list but I didn't realize that the other e-mails were limited to just platinum members.  I got the impression that quite a few of the respected gold members and even a few regular members were on the list as well.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:16pm

t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:08pm
"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Skeletor Skeletor wrote:

Christmas is comming up and I don't have much on my list to Santa so I hope the pistol come out before then

From our conversation with Tippmann, they should be out long before then.
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 12:53pm

Christmas is comming up and I don't have much on my list to Santa so I hope the pistol come out before then

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic