Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Skeletor Skeletor wrote:

Not to mention that pistol is picky with paint and you only get 8 shots/ co2 cartrage

They're not that picky with paint.  Furthermore you can fire more than one magazine full of ammo per CO2 cartridge.  (I usually replace after emptying the mag twice; a friend of mine goes longer.)

The one point that Skeletor mentioned that I do agree with is, having used both types of paintball pistols, I find I prefer the tube feed style over the magazine feed system.  Yes, the magazine feed is much cooler, but it is handier to have more rounds before a reload is needed and I like being able to easily "top off" my pistol.
a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 6:49pm

meh if you want a marker that is easy to reload shots and co2 seperatly and quickly, get a good number of shots per cartridge and be able to get a barrel kit for it look at a phantom. Put a little frantom or say a 6" carbon fiber with a mini pump handle, and get the new lever action co2 upgrade, a guy on mcb makes them, look phenominal, just pull lever and cartridge falls right out, and the stick feed allows for quick reload using 10 round tubes. yeah, phantoms are more expensive but you could carry much more ammo, get more shots per cartridge, shoot more accuratly and not care about what paint you use, and save a whackload on extra mags(plus pumps get more respect than pistols, most non milsim types regard pistols as a sign of weakness/stupidity).

its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 6:53pm
I don't care.  I'm still getting one.  Actually, I'm getting two.  And a trenchcoat.
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

I don't care.  I'm still getting one. 
Actually, I'm getting two.  And a trenchcoat.

Though you was done with that whole Flashing phase?
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 6:57pm
Who said it was a phase?
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 7:07pm

I'll wait to see what Tipmann unveals before I go all out for Duel pistol weilding action.

I have allways been happy with their products.

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 3:22am

I don't care.  I'm still getting one.  Actually, I'm getting two.  And a trenchcoat.

Dont you get a free one anyway?
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 9:55am

Possibly - but I will be buying another to match regardless.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 11:48am

"Chicks dig guys in trenchcoats"

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 10:47pm

pbjunkie is saying that it's a magazine fed pistol. But that is kind of obvious from the silhouette... riiiight?

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2008 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by t_hop t_hop wrote:

pbjunkie is saying that it's a magazine fed pistol. But that is kind of obvious from the silhouette... riiiight?

Where is this silhouette you speak of I haven't seen it

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2008 at 5:16pm
notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2008 at 7:26pm
I wonder how long it will be before someone tries to put an etrigger or a cyclone on it.
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2008 at 7:55pm
Pshaw.  I did that to my Blade years ago.
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 12:29pm

Hmmm I don't see the words "affordable" up there

It does look a little like a Tac9

However under the barrel on the new tippman pistol (from the silhouette anyway) you may have room for a 12gm CO2 cartrage.

Lets Hypothasize for a second that with the standard pistol size you can fit about 8 maybe 9 rounds in a grip magazine. And if you make air system effcient enough you could get 16 shoots out of a 12-16 shots out of 12gram.  This could reduce the production costs of the extra clips making them cheaper then $40 a pop.

Allthough that are under the barrel might be where they have the rail to add bells and whistles.  Which I personally am not that interested in. I just want a simple pistol that is easy to reload air and paint and wont cause me to take aout a second mortage.

Hmmmmmm   /me strokes chin 

Allow me to dream here. To eject the CO2 cartage you use a "pump" action like on a PGP pop another one in the slide it forward

I'm just going to cross my fingers and see what happens

Edited by Skeletor - 23 September 2008 at 12:39pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 1:24pm
Hopefully we will get some inside info this weekend at Tippmann World Challenge, hell maybe they will even bring their prototype so I can shoot it.
notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 1:39pm

Wow only 12-16 shot per 12g? I can shoot 3 1/2 magazies with my Tac8. Thats 30 balls.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by notom66866 notom66866 wrote:

Wow only 12-16 shot per 12g? I can shoot 3 1/2 magazies with my Tac8. Thats 30 balls.

I can get three mags out of a 12 gram even when I'm doing rapid double-taps.

Edit:  ^^^Tested it out this weekend.

Edited by Mack - 23 September 2008 at 4:27pm
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 2:56pm

So do you shoot a mag-remove it- reload the balls- then shoot it again? and you can get 3 mags out of 1 cartrage?

With out lossing air inbetween reloads?

If so proof in point that the CO2 should be able to be loaded independently from the balls

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Hopefully we will get some inside info this weekend at Tippmann World Challenge, hell maybe they will even bring their prototype so I can shoot it.

Pics and review buddy and you shall earn internet cool points

Edited by Skeletor - 25 September 2008 at 3:00pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Skeletor Skeletor wrote:

So do you shoot a mag-remove it- reload the balls- then shoot it again? and you can get 3 mags out of 1 cartrage?

Essentially yes.  I have two mags and shoot both of them off, reload both, and repeat.

With out lossing air inbetween reloads?

No, anyone who has used one of these experiences a slight air loss every time they remove the mag.

If so proof in point that the CO2 should be able to be loaded independently from the balls

How so?

Not that I disagree.  As I said, I prefer the tube fed pistols. I just prefer them for a different reason; I like the ability to easily "top-off" a partly used magazine.

In defense of the Tac-8 it is much more consistent than any other pistol I've used* and this translates (for me) to much better accuracy.

*I've owned two versions of the PT, a Sidekick Semi, a Piranha USP, a Delta 68 and the Tac 8.  I've used/tested several others.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic