Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 11:05pm

The air loss is very slight when you remove the mag. It gets resealed each time the mag is ejected. Besides after 3 1/2 mags of shooting I still get the pop of the co2 sealing once you eject the mag.

Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 12:15pm

Having used the Zeus and ACP I can tell you that I'd love to get 30 shots out of a single 12 gram.  If I can get 20 I'm happy.  15 is the most you get if you rapid fire the pistol. 

I think having the CO2 in the magazine makes the most sense.  Yes the mags will be expensive but what good is being able to change out mags when changing out the CO2 will take more time than changing two mags? 

New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Robotech Robotech wrote:

Having used the Zeus and ACP I can tell you that I'd love to get 30 shots out of a single 12 gram.  If I can get 20 I'm happy.  15 is the most you get if you rapid fire the pistol.

As Robo points out, an additional advantage the Tac has because of it's operating system is in efficiency.  This is an area that the dual-stacked tube based pistols just can't compete in.  The most efficient pistol of this type I have ever used is the Piranha USP which I can get 20 good shots out of even with rapid fire.  Most of the others I have used fall into the 12-15 shot category.

I think having the CO2 in the magazine makes the most sense.  Yes the mags will be expensive but what good is being able to change out mags when changing out the CO2 will take more time than changing two mags? 

I think there is probably no "most sensible" location for the CO2 in a magazine-fed pistol because the best location depends on the use it is put to.

If the pistol was being used as a primary marker, then having the CO2 in the magazine is definitely an advantage.  It would allow for the rapid firing of multiple magazines containing more paint than could be fired off of a single 12 gram.

On the other hand, if the pistol were being carried as a back-up, then having the CO2 in the marker might be better.  It would decrease the cost of the individual magazines and might even allow for slightly larger capacity magazines if the paint were to feed at a different angle or to be loaded in a slightly staggered (offset) manner.  For this use, a single CO2 would be sufficient as the pistol is only being used for emergencies where the user is trying to get out of a situation and will probably be eliminated promptly if he/she does not manage to do so.

Related to the second usage, I carry one of my pistols with me on the field all the time, but it gets most usage (besides when I'm only carrying a pistol) when I have a pump as my primary.  The only need I have discovered for it when I am using a semi is when sneaking through thick undergrowth or for CQB during a game that involved an assault on an old building.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 8:37pm
Mack, my MilTec G1 get's a healthy 2 mags out of a 12ie. That's 20 shots, and a few more sometimes.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 10:29pm
^^^Not one I've fired, but that puts it right up there with the USP for efficiency. 

The Sidekick was pretty efficient as well, but it was horribly inconsistent.
Bruce Banner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Banner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 10:32pm

Man I can't wait.

I hope they announce this weekend.

Waste and excess are not conservative family values
Nature is not a liberal plot
A Good Energy Plan
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 10:47pm
I actually really like my Spyde... uh, G1. I found Alamo City Paintball has some nice upgrades for them as well. Mostly a bunch of delrin stuff. I figure if I lighten the reciprocating mass, jerk around with the springs and reduce friction, I may be able to get 3 mags if I fire slowly.

I REALLY doubt I'll get thirty shots, but maybe if the day is hot enough...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 11:33am

With a slow rate of fire I can get 24 our of my Zeus (same as your MilTec G1).  However with a high ROF 15-18 is about it. Still not close to 30.

New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 11:37am
We talked with Erich from Tippmann yesterday. They confirmed a few of the rumors we have been hearing.  The audio should be up on our site later.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

We talked with Erich from Tippmann yesterday. They confirmed a few of the rumors we have been hearing.  The audio should be up on our site later.

You should post the highlights of the discussion as well.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

You should post the highlights of the discussion as well.

Basically:
The CO2 will not be located in the magazine, which means there is only one other place it could go. (Of course he means under the barrel, but he couldn't directly say that.)

Accuracy is about the same as any other pistol.

They said that you will get at least two magazines per CO2 charge.

It will be about the same size as any other pistol.

They cannot say how many magazines the pistol will come with right now.

They will have several working prototypes at world cup, but they will not be available for sale there. I am guessing they either ran into mfg problems. So it will be a "dry" launch. They are looking at the pistols being publicly available later this year.

More to come...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 3:54pm
^^^ Thanks. 
t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 10:02pm

hurray for updates

any pictures or vids floating around of the proto types they had

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 10:03pm

I could tell you ...

But then I would have to kill you.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by t_hop t_hop wrote:

hurray for updates

any pictures or vids floating around of the proto types they had

Nope, the prototypes have never left the factory.
panhead4411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panhead4411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 10:29pm

Personally, i'm new to this pistol scene, we just bought a couple delta's, and after one outing, they seem fairly good.  They are accurate (for a pistol), and we seemed to get on average 20+ rounds per cartridge.  The only downside is that its a fair amount of weight. 

To, bad i just couldn't wait any longer for a pistol, i'm looking forward to see what they bring out.

Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 11:19pm
Thanks for the update Snake!!!
notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 11:40pm

Why in the world would they not put the c02 in the magazine? If you look at the picture of it there's no obvious bulge where a c02 cartridge would go. This could be one huge pistol.

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 2:18am
Originally posted by notom66866 notom66866 wrote:

Why in the world would they not put the c02 in the magazine? If you look at the picture of it there's no obvious bulge where a c02 cartridge would go. This could be one huge pistol.

So they can fit more balls in the mag.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Originally posted by notom66866 notom66866 wrote:

So they can fit more balls in the mag.

It probably has something to do with patent infringements than anything else.

Some more info:

It will be using a new valve design, and there is a good possibility that this new design will be incorporated into future markers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic