Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new project *update* 12/26

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new project *update* 12/26
    Posted: 01 December 2008 at 5:41pm

well, i figured that since id be in the house alot this winter, id give myself sompthing to do.

its a '99 autocoker i picked up from a buddy of mine for $10. it dosent work so i figured id put a pump kit and a new bolt on it to save some paint. anny thoughts/ideas of other things i should to to it?

Edited by ammolord - 26 December 2008 at 7:39pm
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 6:48pm
If you can find an inexpensive/decent barrel kit I would recommend that as well.  "Roll-outs" are really annoying with a pump.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 6:48pm
I <3 Snipers.

Should make for a nice pump. Just throw a WGP kit on it and you'll be set. That's a nice frame on it.
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 7:38pm
i dont think roll outs will be much of an issue. im going to keep the detents in it. im thinking about using the stock mini barrel on it. the frame is stock.

QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 8:11pm
Detents do not only stop double feeding, the reason to have a barrel kit is because the bolt pushes the ball into the barrel past the detents. Having a kit prevents it by stopping the ball just like detents.  Here is an animation of what it does...

Edit: or you could just give it to me...

Edited by QcXf - 01 December 2008 at 8:11pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

i dont think roll outs will be much of an issue. im going to keep the detents in it. im thinking about using the stock mini barrel on it. the frame is stock.

Yeah, most closed bolt systems (including the common Autococker) push the ball past the detent before firing. One solution to this problem would be a barrel kit, or the Python compression kit, which if you haven't seen before basically turns your stock barrel into something of a 3 piece barrel, like the SP Freak kit.

A cheap fix is putting a piece of tape a bit way up the barrel, or a very small dab of fingernail polish or similar.
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 9:24pm
haha... he obviously doesnt know what he's doing.. "detents will stop the roll out" hahaha

He doesnt know how to fix it, so he's gonna pump it... tsk tsk tsk

Anyway... it'll be real simple to fix the current problem i bet you.

but since you've already decided to pump it, as everyone else has said, throw a .686 or smaller bore barrel on it, to stop the ball from rolling out once the bolt is let forward. I use a .685 CP.. work nicely and shoots very very straight

Lose the red dot and steel braid.

Swap out the valve for a Power Valve or Rat Valve (if you can find them), a Madmann spring kit and use all green as it will up the consistency and make it easier to pump.

Unless you plan on using Co2, get a different regulator: CP, Dye, AKA, whatever....

Roller sear if it doesnt already have one, and an all delron or POM bolt wouldnt hurt.

Pump kit: i say get one that has a return spring and a guide so you cant twist the pump.

Edit: I'll take that Rock reg off your hands?

Edited by ctchofday - 01 December 2008 at 9:25pm
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:36pm
I like the J&J kit for it personally.  Thats what I have on my trilogy and it works nicely.  Plus I can stop the roll outs no matter what pant without it being too small of a bore. 
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by ctchofday ctchofday wrote:

haha... he obviously doesnt know what he's doing.. "detents will stop the roll out" hahaha
first cocker, so ya, i dont know.
He doesnt know how to fix it, so he's gonna pump it... tsk tsk tsk
no, im making it a pump to save me from $300 in paint.
Anyway... it'll be real simple to fix the current problem i bet you.

but since you've already decided to pump it, as everyone else has said, throw a .686 or smaller bore barrel on it, to stop the ball from rolling out once the bolt is let forward. I use a .685 CP.. work nicely and shoots very very straight
ya, im probably going to when i get the $$$
Lose the red dot and steel braid.
already took off the red dot and and getting microline.
Swap out the valve for a Power Valve or Rat Valve (if you can find them), a Madmann spring kit and use all green as it will up the consistency and make it easier to pump.

Unless you plan on using Co2, get a different regulator: CP, Dye, AKA, whatever.... i was thinking about the CP reg, im not shure yet though.

Roller sear if it doesnt already have one, and an all delron or POM bolt wouldnt hurt. already has a roller sear and im ordering a new bolt soon.

Pump kit: i say get one that has a return spring and a guide so you cant twist the pump. ya, i was looking at the WGP pump kit.

Edit: I'll take that Rock reg off your hands?

pm me.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 1:12am

I love WGP kits, but twisting is annoying. To me, they may not be the smoothest, but their huge pump handle is the most comfortable. If there was a way to reduce pump twist...

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 6:18pm
ya, i was looking at the one with the return spring. those are pretty expensive. il probably save that for later and work on gettin the rest of the parts first.

ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 12:10am
you can waste just as much paint with a pump as with any other gun... but eh

Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 1:44pm
I dont waste half as much paint.
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 4:36pm
ya, i use atleast 4 cases a weekend and its startin to be alot.

QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:47pm
That is wayyyy excessive man. You need to learn how to shoot if you shoot that much in 1 or 2 days.

I shoot about a bag of paint maybe when I play pump and maybe a case when playing a tournament.
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 5:36pm
i can shoot, i just play alot. you saw the mini at the NG tourny.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 6:04pm
I feel like I should throw this out there. If you have any 'cocker-related questions, feel free to toss me a PM. I can help with Snipers too. :)
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 7:48pm
Haha.. Yeah I saw you mini... Did we beat you guys with pumps? 
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:03pm

nice gun, but one thing with cockers, once you start to tinker with them, you might start doing an overhaul and pimp it out, next thing you know your broke and have a sweet gun when it's over.

Originally posted by QcXf QcXf wrote:

i lol'd.

ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:15pm

Originally posted by QcXf QcXf wrote:

no, they ran out of air before we played you guys. i hope they got the compressor up and goin for this summer.

trev, il probably have to send ya a few PM's. this is the first time iv ever worked on a cocker.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic