Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 cocking flip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
1 strike, offensive post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 cocking flip
    Posted: 10 December 2008 at 8:36pm

i want to mod the a5 into a reverse format where the cyclone will be on the left and the cocking handle on the right or even make it a rear cocking gun any ideas? the area where the cocking handle is now pressureised?

if this is in the wrong section im quite sorry

~square peg~

ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 8:43pm
wow, i have no idea how you could go about doing this. what made you think that up?? good luck.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 8:53pm

well i got some free time.....9 and a half months....so it came up because im begining to hate my cyclone as buggy and money pitish as it is..... but does anyone know if its pressureised?

like this and if it doesnt work right sorry...

Edited by Sangreti - 10 December 2008 at 9:09pm
~square peg~

kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 9:23pm

i thought of that a few times, it's a matter of clone'ing the parts to be on the left, lots of mold work.

but the cocling handel to the back....that i dont know if it will work.

Edited by kurieitaa - 10 December 2008 at 9:23pm
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 9:27pm
i could drill all the way through and reverse it thiner at cocking handle with wide grip spot
~square peg~

t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 10:53pm
well i know that people have done it, because they have made double troubles and to do that a guy specifically said that he put the cyclone on the left side so that they would both fit, so it is possible. Just post on a few sites or maybe send the tech support at tippmann an email and they might be able to tell you more...
"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 11:12pm
id need to get some milling done...
~square peg~

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:03pm
put a 98 bolt in the back
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:04pm

From what I am looking at, switching the sides for the Cyclone would be a matter of milling out a hole on the left side and switching it. Of course the lever is going to stick forwards and you are going to have to run a longer 1/8" line from the right side to the left unless you have some really good milling skills and can swap the mounting, but then you are looking at having to modify the powertube to have an outlet on the left side.

As for moving the cocking lever back, you might be able to use a cocking handle from a 98 and maybe mill out a horizontal slot simliar to the 98 and drill through the rear bolt, aslo similiar to the 98. Not sure how that would work with the rear bolt on the A5. I wonder if you could swap out the rear bolt for a 98 rear bolt?

With enough work, anything can probably be done, but you might want to ask the question..... why? Unless you are a lefty and are trying to move the Cyclone out of your way, there really seems like little reason to put that much work into something just to be different. But then again, I have probably been guilty of this as well.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 12:29am
ill see about the 98 bolt and keeping the cyclone where it is and drilling a 98 handle out the same side
~square peg~

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 2:17am
is this a ploy to make a left handed A5?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 6:33pm

ya ya ......so im left handed and im gona fix this right handed beast

got a prob with that?

~square peg~

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Sangreti Sangreti wrote:

ya ya ......so im left handed and im gona fix this right handed beast

got a prob with that?

It's okay . . . we know you left-handed people can't really help how you act.
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 1:04am
your just joulous because your girl likes me more
~square peg~

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 12:09pm

That could be true.  I've been rather annoyed at you since she complained that all I ever want is sex while you are more than willing to just talk and watch the Lifetime Movie Channel with her.  (She said you were "her best girlfriend.") 

On a serious note; I think you may be out of luck for a guide to follow in modifying your A5.  I can usually find whatever I want when I nose around the net and have come up with zilch as far as pics/instructions for moving the cyclone.

As for the rear-cocking, that should be relatively simple.  Use a 98 as a guide and just put the hole in the opposite side of the body.  Before you do that, I would check out if a 98 bolt is A5 compatible as that would prevent having to drill the hole through your original bolt.

Edited by Mack - 13 December 2008 at 12:20pm
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

That could be true.  I've been rather annoyed at you since she complained that all I ever want is sex while you are more than willing to just talk and watch the Lifetime Movie Channel with her.  (She said you were "her best girlfriend.") 

ouch......i have been bested
~square peg~

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 12:21pm
^^^I prefer the term "McOwned."  

Also, I added to the post above regarding your original questions.
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 12:30pm
inernals are the same size i think may e bolt my a 5
~square peg~

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 11:00pm
There's a rear cocking handle mod for the A5 in this thread.
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 11:47pm
na its too simple for me all he did was drill a hole in the top and put a long rod on the outside
~square peg~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic