Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TIPPMANN WORLD CHALLENGE "XI"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 6:35pm
Not entirely true LB. Sean Scott was on the field lastyear coordinating the team pretty well. Along with me and Snake.

When you throw in other teams like the RGR's that were all working along side Sean, to move the flow of the battle, it was a really good game. A lot of stalemates and gun fighting going on between bases. Like over the road and bridges at the left entrance, and back at Bravo-Archie.

Edited by The Guy - 06 July 2009 at 6:37pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 6:51pm

The true problem with the Tippmann team, was noobs. Put bluntly. Too many 10-14 year olds wielding 98's that used up their 500 count bag of balls and were sitting around waiting for mom to pick them up by 2 oclock. They wouldn't advance, they stood there like lumps when they had greater numbers and field advantage. About the only time I saw most of them advancing was when the General was threatening to start shooting them himself if they didn't do something. I think the two tools standing on the East corner of the swamp trying to longball into the castle over the water pretty much epitomizes the vast majority of the Tippmann team. I will probably be there again this year, but most likely playing for World this time.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 06 July 2009 at 6:52pm
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

The true problem with the Tippmann team, was noobs. Put bluntly. Too many 10-14 year olds wielding 98's that used up their 500 count bag of balls and were sitting around waiting for mom to pick them up by 2 oclock. They wouldn't advance, they stood there like lumps when they had greater numbers and field advantage. About the only time I saw most of them advancing was when the General was threatening to start shooting them himself if they didn't do something. I think the two tools standing on the East corner of the swamp trying to longball into the castle over the water pretty much epitomizes the vast majority of the Tippmann team. I will probably be there again this year, but most likely playing for World this time.

That sounds like me. I played a role in a scenario as a hardbutt general. I was shooting retreating players in the head with my Tib8.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 11:02pm
Sean is very motivated but made THE BIG mistake 2 years ago.  It took a couple of hours to straighten that out.  Care to guess what it is?  Just think back on some of what OS taught people.
Hint guy;  the last time I saw you on the field you saw me working the area.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 06 July 2009 at 11:04pm
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 12:31am
well lighting bolt come and help out, it will be fun
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Sean is very motivated but made THE BIG mistake 2 years ago.  It took a couple of hours to straighten that out.  Care to guess what it is?  Just think back on some of what OS taught people.
Hint guy;  the last time I saw you on the field you saw me working the area.

I'm curious. Please fill us in. Or at least the two or three of us that actually look at this thread..
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 1:36pm
Never take ALL the bases.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 2:20pm
That's part of the move but once a team gets to the point that they either take all of the bases or decide not to,  they eventually control the entire field,  Once you control the entire field you can also control their insertion point.  If you block off their insertion point where they cannot enter the field,  the refs will begin to randomly insert them all over the field.  Never block off their insertion point if you are dominating.  Just sit back far enough to where they will attempt to insert and pick them off.   It's a fine line but i think you need to sit back away from their insetion point that feels comfortable from the standpoint of losing control.  In other words if you put an entire quater worth of work to dominate it can go down the drain quickly by blocking the insertion point. 
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 8:51pm
Its also that chaos that makes the game fun for everyone else. It would suck to be the Tippmann team, and be pinned to one base. I just wish Dave would incorporate some scenario elements into the game. I want to blow up tanks and planes!!!
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 12:37am
there is actually alot support for this on the Hells survivor website .
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 2:09am
yeah, but we like to talk about it here. Spread the word yo.
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 11:22pm
thats right spread the word, but i really do wish that they would do more rpg/law stuff and scenario stuff
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 3:42am
Originally posted by p shooter p shooter wrote:

thats right spread the word, but i really do wish that they would do more rpg/law stuff and scenario stuff

We're discussing that on the HSI boards right now.
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 7:25pm

Im hoping that they will add to TWC format with more missions and scenario play

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 2:19pm
So which side are we on this year? 
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 2:32pm
IF I go, it will be on World. Not sure if I will make it though, just got back from MMG09 and might too much more of the same.
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:18pm
were you the guy in the storm trooper outfit???
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:29pm
LOL, no I missed him. I think I saw you though after you mentioend having a Pinocio hoppper, were you on Red?
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:42pm
yep I sure was my field name is P--sy Shooter I use pshooter on the forums

Edited by p shooter - 30 July 2009 at 11:44pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:59pm
 I was running with BioHazard on Saturday. Planned on staying the weekend, but had to drag my old ass home after one day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic