Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My first Autococker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first Autococker
    Posted: 26 January 2009 at 8:15am
Well, I finally broke down and bought an autococker. It's not technically my first one, but it's the first one I've bought for myself. Not just any autococker. One I've wanted since they were released a few years ago...

A Dye Ultralight!

With all original parts!

It is in fact drilled for eyes, the previous owner put an e-blade on it. I plan on keeping it mech, maybe even throwing on a pump kit later on.

I paid $250.00, a fair price in my opinion. All I have to do is attach the macroline fittings and time the 3-way (which I haven't done by myself in a looong time so if anyone knows a good walk through I'd appreciate it). I'm pretty excited, I always love the way the Reflex and Ultralight looked. I should just make a hobby of collecting rare markers, I seem to find them all the time.

Should be getting shipped today from NY, so probably 2-3 days before I get it. I'll post more pics when I get everything set up.

UPDATE:

I finally got it working, taking it out to shoot after work.

In the mean time, new pics! Now with Stiffi Barrel and CP Reg. Enjoy!

Edited by PaiNTbALLfReNzY - 11 February 2009 at 12:23pm
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 8:37am
Nice looking gun. Reflex's are one of the nicer bodies in my opinion. Enjoy!
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Sangreti View Drop Down
1 strike, offensive post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 10:56am
very niceThumbs Up especily if you got the eblade and orignal parts
~square peg~

stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 11:48am
looks nice ive always loved the way the DYE ultralights looked.
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Sangreti Sangreti wrote:

very niceThumbs Up especily if you got the eblade and orignal parts

Negative, no eBlade, but it's a backup for my STDM5 so I'm well endowed in the electro department.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 3:02pm
Few things beat the feel of a nice shooting mech cocker. I would say just throw a nice reg and rail/ASA and call it a day. Nice buy, by the way.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
new jersey View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 2/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new jersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 4:54pm
I like it.

I have a psychoballlistics superbolt, which is the same thing.

Lets just say, im glad you have new pneus.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 6:19pm
nice, have fun with it.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 7:10pm
Very nice! Welcome to the Revolution! Viva la Revolucion!!!!

DeTrevni is still trying to convince me to let go of my one-of-one BM. Be careful, he may try to wrest that DYE from you.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 7:31pm
nice, i love cockers after i got mine and played with it. if you buy a pump kit definatly get a ccm deluxe kit.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
StandupRick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StandupRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 9:57pm
 Whats so good about the autocockers? I just sold one that was missing a barrel/regulator and asa for $64.00 on ebay.  I bought it with two other guns and it seemed like it would have cost to much to put back together so I sold it. Am I missing something?
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 9:50am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Very nice! Welcome to the Revolution! Viva la Revolucion!!!!

DeTrevni is still trying to convince me to let go of my one-of-one BM. Be careful, he may try to wrest that DYE from you.

Over my dead body. This is one of the only Ultralights I've seen for awhile, not gonna let it go easily. Unless he wants to give me that Redux
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 10:31am
Originally posted by StandupRick StandupRick wrote:

Whats so good about the autocockers? I just sold one that was missing a barrel/regulator and asa for $64.00 on ebay.  I bought it with two other guns and it seemed like it would have cost to much to put back together so I sold it. Am I missing something?

for $100 more you could have had a very nice cocker.

Autocockers are just really fun to play with, shoot and tinker with. They are usually quiet, can be made pretty consistent, and are eerily accurate when set up right. I have 4 and I wouldn't get rid of them for anything.
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ˝d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
StandupRick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StandupRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 4:51pm
I was surprised to hear that. It looked old and outdated. Thanks for the input
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 5:16pm
One of these days, Tallen! She will be mine!

*sinister laugh*

Anyway, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the Dye or Eclipse 'cockers. Just not my forte. That by no means implies I think you have an ugly marker, it just means you can keep it! Tongue

And 'cockers, to put it bluntly, ARE old and outdated. But there's a certain magic about them, combined with their ease of upgrading and smooth feel, that makes many people still love them. With an E-Blade, they can be just as fast as any other gun out there, and with milling, just as light.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

new jersey View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 2/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new jersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

And 'cockers, to put it bluntly, ARE old and outdated. But there's a certain magic about them, combined with their ease of upgrading and smooth feel, that makes many people still love them. With an E-Blade, they can be just as fast as any other gun out there, and with milling, just as light.

Too bad, you would think that after a few decades someone would figure out how to make a high-quality autococker.

coughmagscough
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by new jersey new jersey wrote:

Too bad, you would think that after a few decades someone would figure out how to make a high-quality autococker.

coughmagscough

too bad, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by ctchofday - 27 January 2009 at 8:59pm
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ˝d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by ctchofday ctchofday wrote:

coughmagscough

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 11:24pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

coughmagscough

You know, I kind of sympathised with you, until the whole "coughmagscough" part.

Now:

Originally posted by ctchofday ctchofday wrote:

Edited by DeTrevni - 27 January 2009 at 11:26pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 11:56pm
Can I have it?

I like the body style of yours better, but I kind of want to buy this one I found on ebay:

Edited by jmac3 - 27 January 2009 at 11:59pm
Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic