Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medical Marijuana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

"My brother, who started off with pot, and then moved on to the more hardcore drugs, disappeared for 2 years."While maybe not intentional, this alluded to the gateway theory (IMHO)

Well your opinion is wrong.

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:26pm
PB go pass out for 6 more pages

Hippie
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Everything is ok in moderation, except smoking.

So you are cool with marijuana used in other ways?

Quote I have never denied the bad aspects to alcohol, or any other drug for that matter.

True, but you also have not given any justification as to why it is the other drugs get to be legal while marijuana gets to be illegal.

Quote same as sex with sex addicts.

So should sex be illegal?

One of your justifications of keeping marijuana illegal seems to be that it can be psychologically addictive. Sec can also be. So we should make sex illegal.

Quote I'll take his word over any pro-legalization persons word on the matter any day.

What about scientist's words?

Quote Alcohol isn't much better

So, in a theoretical existence, if legislation was to be sent to vote that alcohol could be made illegal, would you vote for it?
pb125 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

PB go pass out for 6 more pages

Hippie

it's probably for the best.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:42pm
I've worked as a pharmacy technician for the past 2 years and have filled many prescriptions of Marinol, which is synthetic THC used primarily to combat nausea and vomiting for cancer patients on chemotherapy. I have no problem dispensing this as its been prescribed by a doctor and is federally regulated. However, smoking marijuana for medical use is not a good way to administer doses as it is really hard to get consistant, regulated doses.

Medical marijuana for insomnia is total crap. Take some of the numerous regular sleeping aids. OMG GUYS I CAN SMOKE WEED NOW LOL!

And BTW, wasnt it you who not too long ago said you were giving up on weed? Glad thats going well for you,

A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:43pm

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:45pm

Medical marijuana for insomnia is total crap. Take some of the numerous regular sleeping aids. OMG GUYS I CAN SMOKE WEED NOW LOL!

I agree with you there.
pb125 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:46pm

I've worked as a pharmacy technician for the past 2 years and have filled many prescriptions of Marinol, which is synthetic THC used primarily to combat nausea and vomiting for cancer patients on chemotherapy. I have no problem dispensing this as its been prescribed by a doctor and is federally regulated. However, smoking marijuana for medical use is not a good way to administer doses as it is really hard to get consistant, regulated doses.

And BTW, wasnt it you who not too long ago said you were giving up on weed? Glad thats going well for you,

I gave up hard drugs & alcohol.  The only thing i've done in 2009 is marijuana.

And marijuana is amazing for curing insomnia.....

Edited by pb125 - 26 March 2009 at 11:47pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:51pm
I suppose your doctor has already prescribed you things such as Ambien, Lunesta, Rozerem, Dalmane, and you've tried the numerous OTC sleep aids to no avail?
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
The eMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The eMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:01am
ambien ftw
pb125 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:06am

I suppose your doctor has already prescribed you things such as Ambien, Lunesta, Rozerem, Dalmane, and you've tried the numerous OTC sleep aids to no avail?

I'm not too sure why you are picking a fight but I'll respond.

My primary diagnoses was for the migraine headaches. Marijuana in combination with some OTC meds such as motrin migraine has been AMAZING relief for the migraines.

As for insomnia, i don't really see why i would have to try all the prescribed and OTC sleep-aids. How is marijuana less valid as a sleep-aid than some allergy meds (diphenhydramine). I personally hate ambien and other prescribed sleep-aids because of the hang-overish affects i get the next day.

I am in no way saying marijuana is the end-all of sleep aids. I'm just saying you should give it more credit as one.

TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:16am
 Taking pills to help Insomnia is worse then smoking marijuana, being the addiction, some people become dependent on the pills to get to sleep, which if they don't have makes their "insomnia" worse.

I can't say the same couldn't happen with marijuana... but... screw pills... and prescriptions... think I'll pass on what the Doc prescribes...
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:26am

Not picking a fight, just trying to find out why MJ was so necessary. It just seems to me your in the "OMG GUYS I CAN SMOKE WEED NOW!!!!!" crowd

My primary diagnoses was for the migraine headaches. Marijuana in combination with some OTC meds such as motrin migraine has been AMAZING relief for the migraines.

Once again, if the doctor is going to prescribe I don't see why he wouldn't just choose one of the many accepted prescription migraine medications. 

As for insomnia, i don't really see why i would have to try all the prescribed and OTC sleep-aids. How is marijuana less valid as a sleep-aid than some allergy meds (diphenhydramine). I personally hate ambien and other prescribed sleep-aids because of the hang-overish affects i get the next day.

I am in no way saying marijuana is the end-all of sleep aids. I'm just saying you should give it more credit as one.
I don't give it credit as a sleep aid because there is very little if any hard scientific data on the effects of marijuana use as a hypnotic.

A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
pb125 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:40am

Not picking a fight, just trying to find out why MJ was so necessary. It just seems to me your in the "OMG GUYS I CAN SMOKE WEED NOW!!!!!" crowd

Once again, if the doctor is going to prescribe I don't see why he wouldn't just choose one of the many accepted prescription migraine medications. 

I don't give it credit as a sleep aid because there is very little if any hard scientific data on the effects of marijuana use as a hypnotic.

Have you ever smoked marijuana? If so how can you deny it's effect as a sleep aid?
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:47am

Have you ever smoked marijuana? If so how can you deny it's effect as a sleep aid?

Beat me to it...
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
TheDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:13am
I could give a damn what linus has to say, frankly, everything i've read from him has been the perfect example of everything that is wrong with a mind that runs on circular logic. your opinion is the way everything is, based only from things that have happened in your life, with no regard to other people's opinion or experiences. It simply is the way it is, because you, and you alone say it is.

My aunt used MJ medicinally to combat her cancer before she passed, and I can honestly say the entire time she used, it helped, and didn't change who she was in any way. It has also always been beyond me how pharmesutical companies can make billions of dollars manufacturing drugs that completely destroy people's lives with addiction, and cause several detrimental side effects; all while picking and choosing who they supply to, the poor and needy go to the pits, as the wealthy and insured reap the benefits of a fractured system that people who think like you, FE, and anyone else whos been throwing out the same recycled arguing points against legalization created. You know who doesn't want pot legalized? The pharmesutical companies, and all the important senators who are in their pocket. Bye-bye money.

As are all the people I associate with myself (as any humble sheep does) I am a nearly daily user, and I do it because it's a good time. Notice i said NEARLY every day. Theres days when I do, and theres days when I dont. I hold a steady 3.7 in college, and am pre-law, I always get my important things completed before lighting up, and I have never once, regardless of how insanely intoxicated I was from THC, have been unable of controlling myself psychologically or physically. Also, I write and perform music (and art) in several areas, and can honestly say some of my fan's favorite songs have been created under the influence of one drug or another (strictly psychedelics, nothing addictive). More than anything, a large group of people is being punished for enjoying something in moderation for what few people do as an abusive habit, and thats not right. Punish the ones who have abused, not the ones who recreationally benefit from it.

Now, on issue of HOW its distributed. That shouldn't change. I think there should be a small supply of weed at pharmacies for people unable to find someone who sells, but the best way to go about the legalization is to just legalize it. If you tax it, it will make problems, however if you legalize it, the money made from it will be legitimized, IE: instead of hundreds of millions of dollars going into mattresses, walls, and seat cushons, it would be going into the banks, which is exactly what we need right now.

ps. you're an idiot.

EDIT: Don't mistake this as a personalization, as I have listed examples that keep it an objective argument. Although I have cited personal experiences, if you feel I need more evidence to back up my claims, feel free to ask.

EDITEDIT: I wont get a medical license, because I don't need it medically. I smoke where I know I'm safe, and I don't cause trouble. Unfortunately, I agree with people who are saying PB is abusing the system (sorry dude, you are). Going out and getting a license doesn't really change anything. You can go to dispensaries now, good for you, but you already live in cali, meaning all that dope you're getting, you can get at your neighbors house for 15 bucks cheaper.

Edited by TheDude - 27 March 2009 at 1:19am
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

<keep the sigs friendly, please>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:34am
I like Holland's system, and it's still not even legal, just tolerated.
pb125 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:44am
Originally posted by TheDude TheDude wrote:

but you already live in cali, meaning all that dope you're getting, you can get at your neighbors house for 15 bucks cheaper.

So, so, so, so, so, so, false.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:46am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Everything is ok in moderation, except smoking.
So you are cool with marijuana used in other ways?

Never said I wasn't. My opinion is, and has been, that medicinal marijuana should not be allowed when there are alternatives available that are legal... and most of the time there ARE alternatives. But, keywords there--- when available.

Quote I have never denied the bad aspects to alcohol, or any other drug for that matter.
True, but you also have not given any justification as to why it is the other drugs get to be legal while marijuana gets to be illegal.

Quote same as sex with sex addicts.
So should sex be illegal? One of your justifications of keeping marijuana illegal seems to be that it can be psychologically addictive. Sec can also be. So we should make sex illegal.

Never went there, but if you insist at treating that the same as legalizing marijuana, lets tax sex. Washing hands is an addictive thing to people with OCD... lets either tax or outlaw that. Adrenaline rushes from extreme sports are addicting to some people... lets outlaw or tax those types of fun.

Quote I'll take his word over any pro-legalization persons word on the matter any day.
What about scientist's words?
Considering not all scientist agree on that either, then no, not even their own words. It all depends on what side of the fence the scientist is on. Those that work for the DEA say it's addictive, those that work for legalization groups say it's not.

Originally posted by TheDude TheDude wrote:

your opinion is the way everything is, based only from things that have happened in your life, with no regard to other people's opinion or experiences.

I may have missed something, but isn't that the very definition of a persons opinion? What's your point? People aren't allowed to have opinions if they differ from your own view?

Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 2:41am

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I'm interested in seeing an actual response to this. What do you say?

Edited by Destruction - 27 March 2009 at 2:42am
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>
  Share Topic