Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oh great and wise Tippmann Forum I beseech thee!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which one?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [90.91%]
2 [9.09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 9:02am
Neither.
 get this.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125012121

I wasn't too thrilled shooting the Dragnov.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 10:15am
^i think he already has one. i might be mistaken
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 10:24am
look harder, that one is the sniper variant.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 10:54am
Technically the PSL is an AK, not a Dragunov. Whatdver.

Why didn't you like it Ceesman? I wasn't too fond of the scopes on the one's I shot, but it shot well enough for me to be comfortable hitting anything inside 400m when I wanted. It also made engaging targets inside 200m a breeze.

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 27 March 2009 at 11:17am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 10:56am
the scope, loose fitting for the hardware, It wasnt comfortable to shoot.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Look even harder and you'll realize it isn't a real sniper variant.

They show the stampings on the receiver. It's a sniper stock, PU scope, and bent-bolt from another rifle slapped into a standard Mosin Nagant receiver. The guys at the arsenal during the refurb thought it was good enough to be a sniper, but the guys at the original armory didn't. Hence the scope's serial isn't engraved into the side of the receiver. Instead it is electro-penciled into the top. Not worth the $600 or so they're asking, even WITH the ammo.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 10:59am

the scope, loose fitting for the hardware, It wasnt comfortable to shoot.

Did you shoot an actual SVD, a Chinese version, or the PSL-54C because the scopes are different depending on which model you got your hands on.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 11:02am
Soviet SVD. 2 of them, The one I shot in the Corps was in great shape. the other wasnt well kept after.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 11:15am
I'd have replaced the scope with something bigger than a 4x, but I didn't mind them. I shot both the wooden and the new plastic ones. My favourite is the folding stock one. It knocks about 10cm off the OAL :)

I need to get my hands in a PSL to try one out.

KBK
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 11:34am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Look even harder and you'll realize it isn't a real sniper variant.

They show the stampings on the receiver. It's a sniper stock, PU scope, and bent-bolt from another rifle slapped into a standard Mosin Nagant receiver. The guys at the arsenal during the refurb thought it was good enough to be a sniper, but the guys at the original armory didn't. Hence the scope's serial isn't engraved into the side of the receiver. Instead it is electro-penciled into the top. Not worth the $600 or so they're asking, even WITH the ammo.

I stand corrected, sir. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:18pm
The PSL is based on the RPK/ROMAK-3 platform. Essentially it's a long-range AK and the scope on it is better performing than the original PSO-1s that the SVD had. For one thing they're lighter due to the tritium lit reticle.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 1:25am
Idk what that guy linked

But it is crazy how expensive those Dragunov platforms are now, or SKS's, or Mosin's, or that cheap Russian surplus ammo. *cries*

But at least AR's are stupid cheap now.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 9:12pm
I regret missing the Nagant revolvers at $100.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 8:56am
What?! Thread from the Dead!

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2020 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Idk what that guy linked

But it is crazy how expensive those Dragunov platforms are now, or SKS's, or Mosin's, or that cheap Russian surplus ammo. *cries*

But at least AR's are stupid cheap now.

And I though that I made out well when my $450 PSL-54C turned around and sold for $750 after less than a year of ownership (I had nothing but problems as it was an early Century import that had a bad mag latch that caused tons of bolt-over-base issues). Now they're at $1500 and rising. Stupid, stupid money for a rifle that's not particularly accurate.

SKS's can still be had for sub $300 from time to time on Classic's website. I picked up a nice all-matching mid-60's chi-com military aid one from Enver Hoxha's stash not long ago for $250. Nice patina, no rust, completely matching, excellent wood. My guess from the wear pattern on the bluing is that it was a rifle handled for guard duty over the in Albania. the Wear is greater on the top and upper sides than down by the wood and is consistent over the whole of the dust cover leading me to believe the wear is from rubbing against a coat while slung over the shoulder.

Mosins have crept into the $200 range now even for round-receiver wartime production rifles.

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I regret missing the Nagant revolvers at $100.

I got rid of mine. Paid $75/ea for the pair and sold them for $300ea. Miserable little pistols with godawful trigger pull and crap-tastic accuracy. I do not miss them one bit.

What?! Thread from the Dead!

If it weren't for this, there'd be almost no convo on T&O right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic