Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yael_alpha_black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Alpha Black
    Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:41am
20" JJ barrel
Cyclon feed
red spring
lapco silencer (only for looks and i want to detech it but i cant :( dont know how)
side scope with mount 3-9x40 Bushnell (i want to buy a A5/X7 hopper to put the scope in the correct place)

if anyone know helpfully mods that i can do to my gun,recomendations all welcome !!

16" Trinity Barrel:
e-grip
20oz CO2 6 full Pods (recomend me use nitrous ??
Trinity Spings
Cyclone Feed

>>>>==========> ~¥дĘζ λℓÞђą ฿ℓą¢Ҝ~ <==========<<<<
₣яờм  »£ą Ѐλ СяЭω«

Edited by yael_alpha_black - 29 March 2009 at 10:05pm

tippman_tactical_team@live.com

₣яờм »£ą Ѐλ С
R34P3R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R34P3R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 12:41am
dude word of advice. dont use the word "sniper" especially on here.
oh and i got in here before he got flamed for being a sniper lol
Kill em all and let god sort em out
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 11:05am

*Sigh*

What made you get the 20" barrel?  Anything over ~14" is just for looks, uses more air to shoot, and becomes more difficult to manouver.

Also, I'm hoping the scope is there just for looks.

Finally, why the red spring?  Unless you can't get your velocity high enough, all it will really do is make your trigger pull harder and is useless since everyone is limited to 280-300 fps anyways.

Edited by Yomillio - 29 March 2009 at 11:09am
yael_alpha_black View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yael_alpha_black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 11:57am
by a chronograph the alpha shots 332fps, the scope works if i play urban or jungle when you need to use it,the red spring get you high velocity,if you buy the spring package you will know for what r the 4 diferents springs,and dont r triger springs,the spring works with the valve and yes,a 20" barrel give you more distance and accuracy than a 14" or 16" everybody know thats,and more if is a rifled barrel,a 20" barrel isnt for looks thats a little without of sence,the lapco fake supressor yes,is for looks,but a barrel no ;) when we play,we doit with rules,and long rage shooters cant shot and a min of 60fts,for close range we use people with - power paintball guns ;)

Edited by yael_alpha_black - 29 March 2009 at 12:01pm

₣яờм »£ą Ѐλ С
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 12:54pm

There is so much wrong with that.

322 FPS it TOTALLY unsafe and unacceptable.  Paintball goggles are built to withstand blows rated at 300 FPS, anything past that and the lenses could shatter, obviously leading to eye damage and or blindness.  The accepted velocity at all public fields is no higher than 300 FPS, and it is for good reason.  Most fields don't even risk that, and are limited at 280 FPS.  Get a hand-held chronograph for you and your group, have everybody pay a small amount or whatever, but NEVER purposefully play shooting over 300 FPS.  I don't care if you're long range and can't shoot at whoever, its completely unsafe because freak events happen.  Someones finger may slip and shoot someone close to them, the ball still may be going to fast by the time it reaches your target. etc.  It is for your safety and that of those around you.  How would you feel if you shot one of your friends in the goggles, causing them to shatter, and he now has to live with blindness for the rest of his life, due to something that should not have been occurring in the first place and could easily have been prevented?

I'm well aware of what the drive springs do.  I guess it made since to you since you never knew not to play over 300 FPS, but under this restriction a heavier spring will have no point.  A lighter spring in controlled conditions would allow slightly more aquire efficency and a slightly lighter trigger pull, as your sear will drop easier with the decresed pressure on the hammer.

You wanna test the barrel length to distance theory?  Dial your 20" barrel into a certain FPS, and observe the distance.  Now, without changing any other settings, put on a similar bored 12" - 14" barrel.  I promise you the shorter barrel will travel further, its simple physics.  The extra 8" - 6" of the 20" barrel will cause significant drag, slowing your paintball and shortening its range.  Now, all this doesn't really matter when you're playing with restricted FPS anyways, because everyone should be shooting around the same velocity.  Its this velocity that translates to speed (unless, of course, you're using an Apex or Flatline barrel, but thats due to backspin), and as such no one's marker should be shooting any further than another.

Also, to debunk the length to accuracy theory.  This is true, to a certain extent.  However, past around 8" the ball is completely stabilized, meaning that the excess length of a 20" barrel is useless and will hinder performance for the reasons stated above and in my first post.  The biggest factor in barrel accuracy is simply barrel to paint bore match.

Everyone knows a longer barrel is more accurate and shoot further, huh?  I do believe that everyone instead knows that is FALSE.

Also, rifiling doesn't make any difference on a paintball.  Rifiling will have no effect on the flight path of a circular object that is filled with fluid.  I can get into specifics, but honestly someone else could probably better explain it than me.  There is lots of controversy over this, but its safe to conclude that any effect of rifiling on a paintball is negligible.

The scope is pretty useless because a paintball will actually hit that specific dot on your scope maybe once out of every 15, 25, maybe even 50 times.  Yes, it'll help you spot and get a general area, and if you like using it, thats fine.  However, it leaves you very prone to tunnel vision, so you must be mindful of its downfalls in paintball.

K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 1:25pm
Reading your post, oh boy.. I think the only thing you said that was correct, was that the suppressor was just for looks.

Also, like Yomillio said, in laments terms, stop being stupid. Turn down your velocity, A LOT! At range, a velocity of 280-300 fps won't do much. But trust me, up close, even when within the limits, paintballs can do a lot of damage. I still have ring shaped scars from 4 shots fired into my back at point blank range. This was over a year ago. The gun was checked, and chrono'd immediately afterward and was only at 290 fps.

That said, I don't want to know what a gun chrono'd at 332 would do, at any range.

I couldn't agree more with Yomillio.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yael_alpha_black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 1:32pm
we dont play over 280fps, the max  FPS of my Alpha are 332fps but is unaceptable to play as that,so IM NOT STUPID ok K Hop ? is obious that plays over 290 you have a risk,accidents always happends, by the barrel stuff, mmm i trow with the 20" and the ball travels better than the 10" 14" or 16",im planing to buy an apex barrel because dont really find a flatline barrel that fits my alpha,an also i want other gun,but im not sure to buy an A5 or a X7, what you recomend me ?? mm cause the A5 you can customize it a lot !! :D

Edited by yael_alpha_black - 29 March 2009 at 1:38pm

₣яờм »£ą Ѐλ С
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 1:47pm

Originally posted by yael_alpha_black yael_alpha_black wrote:

we dont play over 280fps, the max  FPS of my Alpha are 332fps but is unaceptable to play as that,so IM NOT STUPID ok K Hop ? is obious that plays over 290 you have a risk,accidents always happends, by the barrel stuff, mmm i trow with the 20" and the ball travels better than the 10" 14" or 16",im planing to buy an apex barrel because dont really find a flatline barrel that fits my alpha,an also i want other gun,but im not sure to buy an A5 or a X7, what you recomend me ?? mm cause the A5 you can customize it a lot !! :D

Set up a really good test and be open to the results.  Get a gun bench or something similar to hold it in place, and do the barrel length test and check the distances.  However, this will only really work if both barrels have identical bores.  I mean, my point obviously is that you'll probably be doing yourself a favor by using a shorter barrel.  Grab yourself a 12" / 14" Apex, and you'll be well off anyways.  290 FPS out of any barrel (except the Flatline and Apex) will result in identical distance.  I mean, if you like the 20" then keep it, I'm just saying you may be happier with a shorter one.

Also, try setting up your gun at 290 FPS with a softer drive spring.  You should find that the trigger pull will be slightly easier and it should be more efficient.

Be mindful of the scope as well.  You might be better off if you play without it, so you can learn how to aim down your barrel better.  Most players learn to aim extremely well in time with this, and it would be easier to manage than playing with the scope.  It'd keep your vision open.  But again, I'm not here to rain on your parade.  If you like it, then keep it.

As far as A-5 vs. 98, you'll find plenty of these topics around here if you search.  The A-5 is obviously the way to go for milsim, but I'm a fan of the less bulky 98 platform.  I'm not a super huge fan of the Cyclone, so that was another factor for me.  I've owned both markers, and a 98 is the only one I still have today with my other markers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yael_alpha_black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:03pm
in about 7 years ago i got an 98 custom and i like it a lot,but then i start to work and when need some $$ i sold it,but was a nice one,to the 98 you can make it electronic or RT, and by the way what set it better and why,the RT or e-grip ?

₣яờм »£ą Ѐλ С
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:19pm
My apologies yael_alpha_black.

And for the Rt vs. egrip, its pretty much just preference.

The Rt is good if you want a boosted ROF. Yet the egrip offers a boosted ROF and other shooting modes.

I went with the Rt because I didn't need the firing modes. After time using it though, I have found that I don't really need it, it just helps me shoot a lot more paint, and also if I take my shots well I do better and don't need 15 BPS.

Between semi-auto, the RT and the E-Grip, its preference.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:22pm

I usually only use straight semi-auto, so I'd choose the e-grip for the lighter trigger pull.  That, and the RT isn't allowed at most fields, just like how full-auto isn't allowed at most.

Don't forget that the RT can be run without batteries and is ready to go in any weather.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

I usually only use straight semi-auto, so I'd choose the e-grip for the lighter trigger pull.  That, and the RT isn't allowed at most fields, just like how full-auto isn't allowed at most.

Don't forget that the RT can be run without batteries and is ready to go in any weather.

I have yet to play at a field where the RT is not allowed.

And there is an Egrip for the AB, but an RT is not available yet as far as I know.

Yomillo is correct regarding distance and barrel length.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 4:04pm

by a chronograph the alpha shots 332fps, . . .

Which is really immaterial to the discussion because nobody should be firing at velocities greater than 300 fps for safety reasons.  (In many cases real fields regulate the velocities down as low as 270 fps.)

. . . the scope works if i play urban or jungle when you need to use it, . . .

I find that unlikely.  While it is probably quite useful for terrain scouting, the arcing trajectories associated with paintballs tend to make scopes hard to use in the game.  If you set the scope so it is on target at close ranges it will not be on target at longer ranges and the reverse is also true.  While you may readjust your scope between games/shots depending upon conditions, it seems that adjusting between games would be annoying and adjusting between shots would create difficulties in knowing if the scope was on target after adjustment.  One way around the arcing problem, to a certain extent, is to fire at a higher velocity, but this brings us right back to the safety issues mentioned by Yomillio.

. . . the red spring get you high velocity,if you buy the spring package you will know for what r the 4 diferents springs, . . .

No need to be rude, it was obvious from Yomillio's post (quoted below) that he knows the red spring provides additional velocity and wondered what you needed the additional velocity for given the safety considerations.

Finally, why the red spring?  Unless you can't get your velocity high enough, all it will really do is make your trigger pull harder and is useless since everyone is limited to 280-300 fps anyways.

. . . and dont r triger springs,the spring works with the valve . . .

Yes, the spring works with the valve . . . by putting increased tension on the rear bolt; which in turn puts more pressure on the sear, which is actuated by the trigger so the end result actually is a small increase in the force required to pull the trigger.  In the future, if you are going to chastise someone for a lack of mechanical knowledge regarding the equipment used to play this game you should probably ensure that you are actually correct before doing so.

. . . and yes,a 20" barrel give you more distance and accuracy than a 14" or 16" . . .

Uh . . . no it doesn't.  Range is determined by projectile velocity.  When everyone is firing at the same velocity they have essentially the same range; with the exception of personnel using backspin or hop-up barrels.

. . . everybody know thats, . . .

Wrong again; most people with a basic understanding of physics know that barrel length makes minimal difference regarding maximum ranges in the sport of paintball.  Two paintballs fired in the same manner, under the same conditions at 300 fps fired from different barrels of different lengths will have the same range;  This is because gravity effects both of them in exactly the same manner and they lose altitude at the same rate.  Any difference in range would be due to the distance that one or the other traveled horizontally during the time they were experiencing vertical movement due to gravity.  If they are fired at the same velocity, then they will travel the same horizontal distance before impacting the ground.

. . . and more if is a rifled barrel, . . .

Another incorrect statement.  Years of testing with the spiral rifling in Armson barrels has never shown an increase in range from the rifling.  What was demonstrated was an increase in accuracy; but, stop motion photography proved that this was due to the rifling providing a better ball to barrel fit rather than any imparted spin on the paintballs.  In fairness, there are some new rifling technologies which make some interesting claims for increased range.  However, these are fairly new yet and the jury (paintball buying public) has yet to reach a conclusion regarding them.  As you are using a J&J Ceramic, this isn't really pertinent to the conversation.

. . . a 20" barrel isnt for looks. . .

I agree.  The two major benefits of a longer barrel include the fact that they tend to be quieter than shorter barrels of the same model and they are quite useful for poking through thick brush so the user can fire at opponents without leaving the safety of his cover.

. . . thats a little without of sence,the lapco fake supressor yes,is for looks,but a barrel no ;) when we play,we doit with rules,and long rage shooters cant shot and a min of 60fts, . . .

So what happens within 60'; are the long range shooters just automatically out or do they take fire without being able to shoot back or what?  The potential for mistakes about velocity/range mistakes in the midst of a game makes this a very bad idea; and that is on top of the fact that the "long range shooters" are apparently firing at unsafe velocities anyway.

for close range we use people with - power paintball guns ;)

we dont play over 280fps, the max  FPS of my Alpha are 332fps but is unaceptable to play as that,so IM NOT STUPID ok K Hop ?

What about the "long range shooters?"

is obious that plays over 290 you have a risk,accidents always happends, by the barrel stuff, mmm i trow with the 20" and the ball travels better than the 10" 14" or 16", . . .

Since, as pointed out above, it is physically impossible for barrel length to affect the ranges of paintballs fired at legal/sensible velocities when compared to paintballs fired at similar velocities it is much more likely that any range advantage you are seeing is the result of firing at faster velocities.  (Based on your self-identification as a sniper and your explanation of the "long range shooter" rules you play by.)

. . . im planing to buy an apex barrel. . .

I always recommend that people try these (and Flatlines) in a game or two, if possible, before they purchase them.  The backspin barrels tend to be either loved or hated by those that have used them without a lot of middle ground and it sucks to be the guy that bought one just to find out you detest it.

. . . because dont really find a flatline barrel that fits my alpha, . . .

The shape of the Flatline does not really lend itself to mil-sim applications.

. . . an also i want other gun,but im not sure to buy an A5 or a X7, what you recomend me ?? mm cause the A5 you can customize it a lot !! :D

I prefer the A5 to the X7 because the X7 just feels to "blocky" to me.  Holding/playing with one before purchase will give a good idea of which feels better.  A marker that feels awkward to the user will never perform as well for them as one that they are more comfortable with.

Edited by Mack - 29 March 2009 at 5:08pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I have yet to play at a field where the RT is not allowed.

And there is an Egrip for the AB, but an RT is not available yet as far as I know.

Yomillo is correct regarding distance and barrel length.

You're quite lucky.  Every field I play at it seems doesn't allow it.

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 4:33pm
Loosk pretty good, though I don't like the look of the 20" barrel. 
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
bravostian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravostian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 10:24pm

20" JJ barrel

side scope with mount 3-9x40 Bushnell (i want to buy a A5/X7 hopper to put the scope in the correct place)

Trust me... it dosent fit ;)  you'll need a A5 hopper offset
Tippmann Bravo one (Alpha black)
20" barrel quad-rail sniper
Cyclone feeder
e-trigger
walther red dot sight
Walther Lazer sight
M16 grenade-Launcher
Oregon ATC2K Action Cam
GOMEZ15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOMEZ15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 9:02pm
i say a barrel under 10 inches is inaccurate but i haven't tried all barrels so... cant say much. nice gun, like it.
i have a zero gravity ACI barrel for my ACI gun (F4 illustrator) never ever have broken a ball with it and the barrel is the most accurate 14" barrel you will ever see.

Edited by GOMEZ15 - 10 April 2009 at 9:05pm
FORUM snowboarding
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 11:56am
Barrels much shorter than 10" can be inaccurate because the paintball needs a certain minimal length of barrel to reach speed/stabilize.  (This minimum length varies from 6-10 inches depending upon the type of the marker as propellant release rate/quantity is a factor.)
luva98custom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luva98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 3:18pm
hey im new to paintball im 16 i currently rent my gun from the place i go but as soon as i have the money i am going to purchase a Alpha Black gun from amazon in a kit that contains the back pack which carries the 6 pods and comes with full face mask, co2 tank, barrel condom/sock, and a contoller so i can hav co2 tank in my back pack and use the buttstock instead (im new to paintball but not guns) i almost exclusively paintball at CPX sports in  joiliet illinois, anyone else go there?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by luva98custom luva98custom wrote:

hey im new to paintball im 16 i currently rent my gun from the place i go but as soon as i have the money i am going to purchase a Alpha Black gun from amazon in a kit that contains the back pack which carries the 6 pods and comes with full face mask, co2 tank, barrel condom/sock, and a contoller so i can hav co2 tank in my back pack and use the buttstock instead (im new to paintball but not guns) i almost exclusively paintball at CPX sports in  joiliet illinois, anyone else go there?
Welcome to the forum. Check through the stickies in the New Players section, it has lots of info. Also, this is a marker gallery. It is for the purpose of posting up pics of your marker or commenting on someone elses marker. Bumping up a 2 year old thread to let us all know that you are planning on buying an AB is frowned upon. It would have better been posted in the "New Players" section or perhaps in the "Which gun is Best" forum.

In response to your post, skip the Amazon kit and go to a local PB store and support them if possible. Typically, the prices are in line with what you will find at Amazon. Another reason to skip the kits is that the masks found in most kits are horrible. Spend the money on a mask with a thermal anti fog lense.

Good Luck.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic