Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smaller bore barrel SL-68 II pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Would you buy this ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [50.00%]
2 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smaller bore barrel SL-68 II pump
    Posted: 02 February 2010 at 9:13am
Ever smaller getting paint these days makes me want an small bore aftermarket barrel more and more...

What slipfit barrel would you like to sport on your SL ?  I'll kick-off :

12" one-piece barrel  
.679 bore  
2" porting 

VOTE !  Let your voice be heard... TIPPMANN watches

And yes I know, we pumpers are inventive and will live without this... Use tape detents on J&J 12"/14" barrel slipfit (not a small bore) OR Mill down threads from CP/Lurker 14" one piece .679 bore cocker threaded OR ...

Edited by BVB - 02 February 2010 at 12:09pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 11:55am
Tippmann doesnt watch. If you want a smaller bore barrel, harass Palmer. He can probably make something.

BVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Tippmann doesnt watch...
A positive attitude may not solve all our problems, but it will annoy some people to make it worth the effort.  

This IS Tippmann - they ought to !  So... VOTE 

... harass Palmer. He can probably make something.
Palmer's like mercenaries (just kidding)  - Everything can be done at a price !   Barrel would probably be more expansive then new SL :-)

Suppose everybody would like to keep it affordable !

- Please keep on topic 

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 12:43pm
Meh. Tippman doesn't really make good barrels anyway. I'd bother some other aftermarket company for that, like CP or J&J. Palmer's is definitely an option, but like you said, they are expensive. But they're worth it.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

BVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

... Palmer's is definitely an option...
Smallest bore they make is .685  

All hopes resting on TIPPMANN here !  They are the only company that can really profit from this AND with that barrel they will have an Up for their SL too ;-)

Edited by BVB - 02 February 2010 at 4:26pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 4:59pm
Palmer's makes their barrels with Wedgits. Those are dents arranged in a circular fashion around the base (usually below the threading, but since the SL doesn't have threads...). They hold the ball securely in place; no rollouts. I really say a PPS barrel can't be beat, other than they are pricey and heavy.

BVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 9:45am
I doubt they have the SL's with wedgits !  I'll post here if they do...

Tippmann's partnership with HammerHead should make it possible to market a SL barrel, NOT ?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 11:48am
PPS can make whatever you want them to. After all, the Blazer, which they make, uses a similar slip-fit system. And you can add Wedgits to any barrel with enough meat.

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 5:49pm
Since you dont exactly see everyone using an SL nowadays, I doubt Tippmann is interested. Im sorry.

I aggree with you though, it irritates me when I use small bore paint and it just rolls out of my SL. My dad solved the problem by buying a NOS Smart Parts all American from the local proshop. He also uses it on his 68 Special.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 7:51pm
Take a dab of nail polish and put it on the inside of the barrel, about where the ball would sit when pumped. This should hold it in place and prevent rollouts.

Edited by DeTrevni - 04 February 2010 at 7:52pm

BVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 2:24am
@DeTrevni - Roger that about the nailpolish, but I prefer the tapedetent more (mpo) because the nailpolish tends to come lose and be shot out.  Thx anyway for input...
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:35am
Originally posted by BVB BVB wrote:

@DeTrevni - Roger that about the nailpolish, but I prefer the tapedetent more (mpo) because the nailpolish tends to come lose and be shot out.  Thx anyway for input...

this isn't Twitter, no matter how much you would like to have a soapbox.
BVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:00am

Tippmann doesnt watch...
- Please keep on topic 

Well, positive input isn't a problem I suppose BUT again... 

keep on topic and VOTE (that's what topic 's about)
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 10:03am
Judging by the number of votes, I don't think anyone really cares.
BVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 10:16am
Looks like it.   Guess there ought to be a third option : "I don't care !" *lol*
Guess not a lot of SL players really bother making every shot count.
Just wondering if people would want a small bore barrel on there SL's.

If I can get this brass barrel project work out, I'll post a Pic up here to give up my poll.  Until then, It will annoy some more people I guess...

Edited by BVB - 05 February 2010 at 10:25am
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 10:19am
BVB you should probably do two things:
  • Edit the above post to remove the filter dodge before a mod notices it and gives you a strike.
  • Read the forum rules so you will be aware of the rules regarding filter dodges and other actions that aren't tolerated.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 6:09pm

Looks like it.   Guess there ought to be a third option : "I don't care !" *lol*
Guess not a lot of SL players really bother making every shot count.
Just wondering if people would want a small bore barrel on there SL's.

If I can get this brass barrel project work out, I'll post a Pic up here to give up my poll.  Until then, It will annoy some more people I guess...

You really shouldn't bash people. Not a lot of anybody reads this forum, and defiantly not Tippmann.

Generalizing like that just proves how butthurt you really are over this. You posted something in an obscure corner of the internet and got upset that it got no attention. Grow up and get over it. Go find an SL-owners group, post on a modders forum, or a pump players forum.
BVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 3:16am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Generalizing like that just proves how butthurt you really are over this
And posting a reply on this confirms it *lol*  Well, didn't let any sleep for it :-)
Willing to take that back of course and not having intention to generalize - Suppose it was a bad word choice.

Hey, I have no bad intentions and had no clue if there's a lot of activity or interest for this on TIPPMANNs forum.  

Just thought -  there it's TIPPMANNs forum and in particular the "Paintball idea forum - new ideas / ways to improve things" - this would be the right spot to let them know about my/the need for an aftermarket barrel.

I will get my hands on a brass barrel but would be nice if there would be a cheaper way to Up the SL barrel.  This is ALL I meant to point out.

As far as I'm concerned, we can let this rest and there's allways the NO in the poll.

Hope this will decrease tension.  This all feels High Voltage !  In first place I play paintball for fun and this is just a little part of it.  Cheers...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 10:37am

This all feels High Voltage !

Ah ha!  Now we know his true identity!
Lord-Catboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 1:35pm
Smallest barrel bore size is not .685
Do research.
Freak barrel insert kits.
They may be inserts. But they go a heck of alot lower then .685
I believe it is .679-.695
I would count a Freak barrel insert for the freak barrel. A bore.
United States Blackfox Corperation: Heaven doesnt want us. Hells afraid we'll take over.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic