Cigars Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cigars Anyone?
    Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:34pm
Backwoods used to be my go-to fishing cigar. 

I actually smoked them for tobacco though. 
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:54am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

I need to pick up a pack of Backwoods, it has been far too long without one.

I don't like how easily they fall apart.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:39am
Just had me a Bolivar(DR) toro.  Amazing.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:56am
funky sent me a legit cuban monte for one of our secret santa exchanges.  that thing knocked me on my butt.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:34pm
Yay, fakes! I'll have to go back to the shop and check 'em out. Also, the "we can bring a few back with us if we are Cuban" thing is bull-ploppies as well.

The "Cuban" I had procured turned out to be a fake as well. The counterfeiters were even bold enough to try to pass it off as a "2010 Edicion Limitada." Unfortunately at the time I had obtained said cigars, I was unaware that there was no such thing as a special release Cohiba in 2010. Also, it's fake band (albeit decently done).

I also managed to procure an alleged Cuban Montecristo. I'm still researching this one. My hopes are not high, but the band does look at least well done.

Edited by DeTrevni - 04 May 2011 at 9:35pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:21am
This thread cries out for the return of Funky. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 1:32am
probably fakes.  Cohibas are the most commonly faked ones.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I'm a pipe tobacco fan. I've got a few nice briar pipes* and a few nice blends from a tobacconist 600 miles away(...). I've been meaning to pick up a nice meerschaum pipe.

However, I do enjoy a cigar from time to time. I prefer the milder tobaccos, but I managed to secure a nice Cuban. I'm not quite an aficionado, but it was a very enjoyable smoke. Personally, I prefer Romeo y Julietas and, for something a bit more flavored, Acids.

*My favorite being a smooth billiard Peterson System with a straight stem, army mount and P-Lip. Terrific on-the-go pipe! :)

From page one, fella.

Also, I was at a local tobacco shop that was selling Cuban Cohibas. I asked about the embargo, and the salesman said that if you are a Cuban or half Cuban (???), you can legally bring two boxes of Cubans back with you over the border. I have a fair amount of skepticism, and that seems like a very convoluted loophole, but they were just selling them out in the open. Mayhaps fakes?
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Kaine_777 View Drop Down
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaine_777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:40am
anyway tuffguy wat about pipe tabbacco? anyone smoke that?
Kaine_777 View Drop Down
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaine_777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:36am

well i would **edited**in hope so.

Edited by Kaine_777 - 03 May 2011 at 2:37am
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:30am
Do whatever you want
Kaine_777 View Drop Down
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaine_777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:27am

wow.. does that really bother people?

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:27am
You would probably get in trouble.  But why would you want to post a link to them?  It's not like anyone here can't find an abundance of sites within 5 seconds on google.  
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Kaine_777 Kaine_777 wrote:

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

also, six posts in a row.  
what do you mean?
He means there's this thing called an edit button and if you get another idea you wish you could have just added to the previous post you can just click the edit button and add it instead of posting again.
Kaine_777 View Drop Down
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaine_777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:18am
BAHAHA!! holy**edited** dude! alrighty then. ill be careful. am i allowed to post a link to cubans? or would i get in trouble?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:05am

Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

lol how so?

Because they aren't legal, at all, no matter what they are for or how you got them.  The only way they are legal is if they were already here before the embargo.  If you are American, it is also illegal to buy or smoke them outside of the U.S.
idk man i buy cubans online. its the only place i can find them. i was imformed of them being legal for personal use only. not commercial.

You were misinformed.  

There is a total ban on the importation into the United States of Cuban-origin cigars and other Cuban-origin tobacco products.

...Similarly, the import ban extends to Cuban-origin cigars and other Cuban-origin tobacco products offered for sale over the Internet or through a catalog.

It is also illegal for U.S. persons to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise engage in transactions involving illegally-imported Cuban cigars. The penalties for doing so include, in addition to confiscation of the cigars, civil fines of up to $55,000 per violation and in appropriate cases, criminal prosecution which may result in higher fines and/or imprisonment.

Kaine_777 View Drop Down
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaine_777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 1:45am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

what do you mean?
Kaine_777 View Drop Down
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaine_777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 1:44am
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

lol how so?

Because they aren't legal, at all, no matter what they are for or how you got them.  The only way they are legal is if they were already here before the embargo.  If you are American, it is also illegal to buy or smoke them outside of the U.S.
idk man i buy cubans online. its the only place i can find them. i was imformed of them being legal for personal use only. not commercial.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:04pm
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:31pm

lol how so?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic