Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Herman Cain is my front runner... What about you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herman Cain is my front runner... What about you?
    Posted: 26 September 2011 at 11:37am
I really, Really, like what I have seen from Herman Cain...

What do you guys think?

It is annoying how the media only talks about Romney (RINO) and Perry, (weak on illegals, and has gumballs in his mouth in debates)

Neither of them are conservative enough for me. But, Cain... Yeah, he brings it, and I agree with most of his stuff.
They tremble at my name...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 12:45pm
Romney.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 12:51pm
I'm not really convinced Cain is very electable. 

His only noteworthy moments so far have been claiming he wouldn't pass any bill more than three pages, quoting a song from the Pokemon movie, and winning the Florida straw poll nobody knew existed before he won it. 

Which leads me to:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Romney.

Pretty much is the electable one of the group. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 1:23pm
Yeah, I'm curious about that, "Romney" is the only electable one...

Reagan was considered "not electable" when he ran... (and he won the Florida straw poll too... as well as Bush winning that poll too)

Besides, the people elect a candidate, NOT the press, I realize the press is convinced Romney is the "proper" candidate, so they can kill him with Romneycare, and get their messiah ØbamAA++ re-elected.

Romney does have lots of campaign cash, but I still think if conservatives got behind ONE candidate now, instead of waiting for all the candidates to dilute themselves, this could get interesting.

I still kind of wish Palin would run, just to see the media throw a complete fit! Besides, 55% of the public now think the media is completely biased towards the democrats. The more they do to convince the public they care not about presenting the facts and only care about promoting liberalism, the better off the country will be.

example?

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 26 September 2011 at 1:26pm
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 1:33pm
 I don't do koolaide bong hits.  Funnels are for fuel and oil and stuff not intellectual consumption.  
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 1:41pm
I am going to vote for anyone but Romney in the New Jersey primary (independents can vote in either primary in NJ).  I figure my best bet is to pick the craziest one of the bunch of and hope they get the nomination, in which case the Dems will cruise to victory.

I really hope I get to vote for Bachmann.
BU Engineering 2012
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 3:56pm
Tea Party members aren't racist?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 4:42pm
Nader
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

I am going to vote for anyone but Romney in the New Jersey primary (independents can vote in either primary in NJ).  I figure my best bet is to pick the craziest one of the bunch of and hope they get the nomination, in which case the Dems will cruise to victory.

I really hope I get to vote for Bachmann.
Then you should vote for Ron Paul.  That guy is a serious kook.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 7:32pm
At least he doesn't just pander to the kooks.  Say what you will about his beliefs, but at least they are his and he sticks to them.  
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 7:33pm
I refuse to go 'lesser of the evils' this election, so unless someone really, REALLY piques my interest, I'm choosing to NOT exercise my right to vote. nearly a year ago, I vowed towards political apathy because I can't get behind the left, and the right can't get behind me. So, screw them all and pass the ammo when the time comes.

?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 8:38pm
Right now, everyone, on all sides, looks like a steaming pile of doggie crap.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

At least he doesn't just pander to the kooks.  Say what you will about his beliefs, but at least they are his and he sticks to them.  

I dunno, some Ron Paul fans are quite kooky... LOL

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

lesser of the evils

I don't see this election coming down to that. I think both Romney and Cain are strong political opponents any way you cut it, with good personal histories. Romney has had his controversy, but you have to bear in mind that he's also been in charge of one of the most liberal states in the union. You can't just look at where Romney is, you have to look at where he came from.

I'll go ahead and start the ten page argument right now-my problem with this election is tea party ,tea party, tea party. I predicted back when McPalin was running that the Tea Party was going screw up the next election for the Republicans. At the time most Teabaggers were playing it off as "we don't want to be in charge, we just to reform" but now it appears that they've built quite a voice in the Republican party. I really think this is the only reason why Perry is able to hold any kind of serious thought of election.

I believe the Tea Party is a fancy new term to cover Neocon interests. They've twisted terminologies and now oppose candidates that are "not conservative enough". This translates to "not far enough right" on the political spectrum, and it's becoming a blatant endorsement of right wing extremism in what has become a rather moderate party.

The problem with this is that "far right" and "conservative" are two very different phrases. It's just another way to endorse extremism in parties and move the public away from the moderate, centrist agenda that they're comfortable with.

I believe it's going to turn into bullying from the tea party towards moderate and centrist Republicans. Already we're seeing those people ostracized on a personal level, and soon we're going to see candidates pushed away on a political level unless the Republican party grows a pair and puts the tea party in their place.

Initially they lacked even structure, simply saying they wanted change and conservatism in politics. This allows the libertarians and neocons to come in push their agendas under a new name. It's like when a terrible phone company merges with a good one and takes their name. Same old bad business under a trusted name.

I tried to get behind the tea party at first. But now it seems like just another cheap way to push extreme right wing politic under the guise of grassroots politics, and there's no room for that in the Republican party.

Mark my words, if a right wing tea party endorsement gets the bid, Obama wins. Essentially the tea party is going to pull a Perot and push moderate Republicans out the door to third party candidates, not voting, or at worst, voting for Obama.

And a full on split from the tea party would spell doom for the Republicans, possibly for more than a decade. But, you can't talk over the shouting in this election, and most of the shouting is coming from the extremists.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 7:28am

I just can't conceive that you guys feel that you're accomplishing something by wasting your strong intellect on such cattle feed.

If you want to make a difference; bank local and support local business.  

Edited by Lightningbolt - 27 September 2011 at 7:30am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 11:45am
I think ALL the drama about the tea party is just that... drama...

The "tea party" isn't a group, it is a collection of people who believe in one simple idea.

Taxed Enough Already.

That's it.

Anything else isn't "tea party" stuff, it is typical political drivel.

But, the tea party has changed the national discussion, which is the point. Instead of how much the democrats can spend in the next "stimulus" it is now, how much needs to be CUT from the bloated budget.

Oh wait, ØbamAA++ and the democrats haven't PASSED a budget since they took over...

well, anyway, the simple fact is that government grows every year, to PAY for that growth, taxes MUST go up every year as well. Or the growth needs to go the other direction.

The entire focus of the Tea party is to stop the growth of government. IF that means that a typical republican/democrat that feels that it is important for the government to continue growing... Then of course they would be opposed by the tea party.

To call the tea party hundreds of names, when it isn't a "person" or "group" in any normal sense of the word, then you see that in fact the establishment has realized that there is a large segment of the voting public that realize that it doesn't matter what you are (D or R) if you will continue with the status quo (increasing government spending each and every year) you need to be voted out of office.

IF that is "far right" then I think you need to re-asses your logic circuit. The point is we have to get our out of control spending government to live within their means... And that starts with a budget, anyone who votes for the democratic party who have proven even when they RUN THE ENTIRE SHOW, they don't care about the budget, or passing a budget, as they know better than all of us and will spend/ "invest" in our future by continually spending more, every year, and a certain segment of our population will continue voting for them... Even when the proof is RIGHT THERE...

THEY HAVEN'T PASSED A BUDGET in YEARS!

Everything else is just symptoms of that spending issue.

I like Cains 9/9/9 plan, finally a NON class warfare plan that equals the playing field, but I can see why D's don't like it, as they are the party of picking winners and losers, They are the party of special rights, not equal rights.

And look where those choices have gotten us? A government that forces banks to give loans to people that EVERYONE KNOWS will not be able to pay for the loans... And then, once the entire housing market crashes from this fraudulent system put in place by the democrats... The Democrats then SUE THE BANKS for doing the loans that were FORCED on them with threats of investigations and jail if they didn't...

unreal.

"Buried in the filings themselves, however, is a damning portrait of the excesses of the housing bubble, when borrowers were able to obtain home loans without basic proof of income or creditworthiness, and banks appeared only too happy to mine profits taking the risky loans and assembling them into securities that could be sold to investors. "

why would banks allow people to obtain loans without basic proof of income or creditworthiness?

Oh yeah, "because everyone DESERVES the rights of home ownership"... AKA CLINTON...

The country has gone so far to the left, that the economy has been destroyed, the pendulum swinging back to the middle will not fix this problem... Unless 16% unemployment is acceptable to you, while companies continue to leave the US? It will take a massive restructuring of the government to fix our economic woes.

and it all starts with the budget... Because the people are "TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY"...
ArthurBignose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurBignose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

ØbamAA++

Is that really necessary?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 12:25pm

The "tea party" isn't a group, it is a collection of people who believe in one simple idea.

Taxed Enough Already.

Seems like a silly thing to base a group/collection/formation/constructure on, seeing as taxes are at historic lows.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 12:28pm

The country has gone so far to the left,

On what politically legitimate scale?

We're hardly even a center country when compared on the global scale. We've historically been, and continue to be, a right-of-center country.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 12:47pm
Right now the left is doing all it can to demonize Cain. If Cain gets the nod as President or Vice the left ideology and rhetoric about the Tea Party being racist and playing the race card goes down the toilet.
Look how Sharpton and Jackson played down Obama when there was the chance Hillary would get the nod on 08, and they wanted a place at Hillary's table if elected, the left's race policies are just as damaging to them as the right internaly.

The Florida straw poll is indicative of voter disgust at all the so called 'front-runners' being same ole crap, but packaged in a differant bag. The ABO (anyone but Obama) voter is going to play a large part in this election, whether they vote for the GOP, or just don't show to vote Democrat. As with NY9 the Dems are panicked that they are losing the base, and the repackaged and failed economic policies from Obama, as well as the potential issues with the stimulus (see Solyndra) and the Health Care Act now before the Supremes. The fact the Dems while having all three did not pass a budget, and still have not ptoposed one credible enough to pass (the Dem compromise of agree with us 100% in order to pass is not an option, nor compromise).

I often see a Johnson move by the Dems, the 1968 Johnson bow out since the Dems saw him as unelectable at that time, I don't think Johnson made decesion wholely on his own, but was coererced for 'the good of the party'. I also see Hillary in a primary run against Obama, if the negative Obama trend does not change here real soon.

Whale you do understand 'perception is the truth of the moment' on both sides. The anti-Tea Party Rhetoric based mainly on the needed perception by the left, as well as the anti-Obama rhetoric based again on a needed perception. Somewhere in that maze is 'the truth', but it is to no-ones advantage to actually speak said truth.

I would love to see a Cain vs Obama election, what would the left use to demonize Cain besides the 'he left the plantation' rhetoric the left uses on any minority or female that moved to the right.
Obama was raised by a white grandmother and went to privledged private schools all his life, so how does he as 'half-black' contend with a pure black in the needed 'black man' perception war against Cain.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Taxed Enough Already.

Seems like a silly thing to base a group/collection/formation/constructure on, seeing as taxes are at historic lows.

Yeah, I love the whole liberal spin about taxes being historic lows... So unbelievably untrue, but whatever...

If you want to call them "regulations" fine, but they are in fact increased costs that further burden business... You know the "business" that HIRES people, as government produces nothing of value that can be sold... They only leech off of businesses.

I guess to you ØbamAA++care is not in fact a "tax", even though the administration is arguing in court they have legal rights to take over healthcare because of their right to "tax"... Oh wait... Which was it again?

My healthcare costs have gone up 100% since Obamacare was started... Oh wait, it hasn't even kicked in yet, as it takes 10 years to pay for 5 years of "services".

No wonder liberalism is called a mental disorder, wonder what will happen when the EPA starts putting coal power plants out of business with their  tax regulations?

We got 2 full years of liberal control, and look what they accomplished? They ran it all, and yet, not a single budget was passed, and MASSIVE new government, and spending...

What did that do to the economy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic