Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firearm General Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.25  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:13am
You see, the CZ IS a service pistol, haha.  I paid 400 flat for mine, after taxes.  Walking in with brand new 50 dollar bills has a way of convincing the gun people, and the shop was bro-tier (they host the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot, which is amazing).

Her name is Nika, and she is way more accurate than I am, and the steel really inspires confidence.  Run out of ammo, beat them to death.

Just took a few pictures of her:
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:10am
How do you like your CZ Skillet? I've always been interested in getting one (shorty has a few CZs and I've liked them) but they seem overly expensive to me. Mind you, all of my pistols are service pieces (1911 PA63 & P08).

Once I've got the M4gery all dolled up. I'm going to start concentrating on getting the old Western Field .22 I have in as smooth of working condition as possible. It may require a trip to the local gunsmith who seems to be able to work miracles with just about anything I bring him. The trigger needs to be worked on (it's an older Mossberg group from their 321 series of rifles) as it feels a bit grainy/gritty on the pull. I also need to get the bolt and receiver polished up to make the action smoother. I'm also going to have him re-work the safety to make it less titchy.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:51pm
So, I see a lot of people around here are shooters, so I thought I would make us a thread to encompass all of our conversations and keep it general.  Please don't bring politics into this, as it tends to stink up threads.

I'll start, my current handgun is a CZ 75B, and I've been shooting since I was about 5 on my dad's Ruger 10/22. 

I'm currently working to restore an old J Stevens Springfield Model 15 back to original shape for fun plinking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic