Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firearm General Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.25  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:35pm
I think mine's right handed, I could be wrong though.

I initially went to pick up a USP .45, but this one was there just calling my name ;).
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:28pm

ambi or are you a lefty?

very nice looking

Edited by Lightningbolt - 28 January 2012 at 10:29pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:09pm
Bought my Springfield Champion today. I'll post pics when I pick it up tomorrow...here's a stock photo-

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 2:51pm

But she's an old lady. I mean, look at her. She's old. You can't just take her stuff. She's too old.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 1:45pm
You're just so old.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I don't think there is anything wrong with working on old technology with rasps and hammers.

KBK

It is the only way you should work on old technology.

*NB4 someone makes an age joke based on this.

Really Mack? I thought you preferred banging things with rocks and poking them with sharp sticks.

You're doing it wrong.  (You made the age joke about the wrong part of the post!)
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:34pm
I used to love my dad's USP. Though when I was younger, I'm pretty sure it was 90% because it was Solid Snake's gun.

I shot it the last time we were at the range, and it just felt weird to me. HKs have a very distinctive feel to all their guns on the action. You definitely feel them slam back, whether it's their pistols or their LMGs. After shooting my FN and my Kimber, it feels kind of sloppy, to be honest.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I don't think there is anything wrong with working on old technology with rasps and hammers.

KBK

Really Mack? I thought you preferred banging things with rocks and poking them with sharp sticks.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Mack likes this.

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Firearms are alwasy about personal preference.

This.  I've been issued and owned both revolvers* and semi-autos and my preference for carry (and the only pistol I currently own now) is still a Dan Wesson .357 with 6"  barrel.  (Also have the 2" for it.)

KBK

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:18pm
My dad has two of those as well, and I am pretty sure he is selling them. Metallic cartridges ftw.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:29am

I love my Pietta 1851's, why you attacking yours? I got one in .36 and .44. They are fantastic guns. Only thing I'd prefer is if I could get the cartridge conversions on them. The loading process is only fun the first 900 times....

KBK

I got one of the unfinished "kits" so all the casting and machining marks are still very, very visible. I've got to file, sand, and polish everything and then blue it. My order of Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Nitrate came in yesterday, so as soon as everything is polished up really well, I'll be bluing in the back yard.
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:52am
H&K are good, but they suffer too much from their own hype. There are guns that'll do what they do at half the price. Rifles, pistols and LMG's.

I love my Pietta 1851's, why you attacking yours? I got one in .36 and .44. They are fantastic guns. Only thing I'd prefer is if I could get the cartridge conversions on them. The loading process is only fun the first 900 times....

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 5:07pm
Meanwhile in NoVA: Tallen furiously attacks his 150 year-old technology with a fine file, lots of sandpaper, and a desire to go purchase a bench grinder and polishing wheel.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 5:05pm
HK: Because you suck, and we hate you.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 4:08pm
Me either, the triggers are absolutely terrible.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

If you don't act stupid you'll be fine with one in the chamber.  Invest in a good quality holster that won't pancake on the trigger.  Also, I hate H&K pistols.

The only time I've ever been impressed with one is in the MGS series. I've never liked the way they felt in my hand.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 10:19am
If you don't act stupid you'll be fine with one in the chamber.  Invest in a good quality holster that won't pancake on the trigger.  Also, I hate H&K pistols.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 3:43pm
Firearms are alwasy about personal preference. My carry weapon is a standard Glock 19. The 9mm is a perfect round for any situation and it's pretty hard to beat the Glock in my opinion. Trigger and grip are perfect for my hands and the accuracy is remarkable. It's also some of the most fun I've hand on the range. I do have several others, H&K, Sig, and even an old S&W 36 that was my grandfathers. However, I have never had a problem carrying one in the chamber with the Glock 19.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 10:13am
I've always wanted a cap and ball revolver, I'd walk around all day in a gentlemanly suit with it on my side.  Best self defense ever is looking crazy.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 8:41pm

Just arrived in the mail today! Lots of filing, sanding, polishing, and oiling to go before she starts looking good.

.44 Colt 1851 Navy from Pietta of Italy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic