Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firearm General Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.25  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:21am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Haven't heard a lot of good things about the GSG.

If I was to do it over again, I would buy a dedicated 22lr AR upper.

I don't want to spend THAT kind of cash...

what have you heard bad about the GSG? I looked at the mossburg AK looking .22 it was $289, but the magazine slop was unreal... I would imagine feed issues would abound. 

The GSG fit was very nice and solid, no sloppy fit or finish anywhere. 

Clearly I haven't shot one, but the mock silencer really was cool, plus it threads off if you don't want it on there. 

If someone was standing there holding one... I don't think you would even consider that it wasn't real. And I could shoot it for super cheap since I have thousands of rounds of .22 ammo. 
They tremble at my name...
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:27am
If you want a good quality tacticool 22lr. Sig Sauer 522, or S&W M&P 15/22.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:30am
I looked at the S&W but it was over $400... I can't justify in my mind spending that kind of money on a toy. Although it held 25 bullets...

Why don't they make them that hold like 50 rounds?
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:45am
My vote would go solidly to the M&P. They are unreal in quality.

The GSG had some issues the first time around, but I believe there are some user fixes to improve them dramatically.

The one I shot was as smooth as silk and as crisp as glass. It was cut back to standard length and had a suppressor attached, which may have helped.

It was a joy to shoot and I was major jelly for the guy who owned it.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:10pm
Just get a 10/22.  Best .22 rifle for the money, easy.  I have 2 here, and I absolutely love them.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:22pm
Most fun I have ever had with a .22 was my dad's Winchester Model 62.  These things are a blast.

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Just get a 10/22.  Best .22 rifle for the money, easy. 

This.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:03pm
I used to have an M1 Carbine. Currently, I am looking at buying an Octo-barrel Henry lever-action 22 after christmas. Then maybe a Mosin after that.

I don't own any handguns, I cant own handguns until 21 and even then I need to register them which irritates me. I am probably shooting my dads 1911 Series 70 and Sig Trailslide 22 in January.
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:35pm
I can't say I agree with you there. While 10/22's are fun, and they sure do have a nice place in the market, I can't honestly suggest one over the "EBR"s that are available.

I really like the 10/22 I get to shoot every so often, but it is kinda like Vanilla icecream IMHO. Nice but a long way from other flavours.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I can't say I agree with you there. While 10/22's are fun, and they sure do have a nice place in the market, I can't honestly suggest one over the "EBR"s that are available.

I really like the 10/22 I get to shoot every so often, but it is kinda like Vanilla icecream IMHO. Nice but a long way from other flavours.

KBK

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 2:14pm
I sold my ruger 10/22 a while back, after thousands and thousands of rounds I started getting misfeed issues with certain ammo. 

I still have a lever action, and a old marlin bolt action that I put my good scope on, (that is the .22 I shoot when out target shooting, it too was my grandpa's) but I got bored with my 10/22. I also have an old over under with a 20 gauge lower and 22 on top. I shot, skinned and ate a squirrel from that gun a few years ago. 

I finally got some 32 hollow point ammo for my pocket Kel tec, that ammo is impossible to find unless you go to a gun show...
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 2:18pm
It seems like everyone here has their "favorite .22" they like to shoot. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

It seems like everyone here has their "favorite .22" they like to shoot. 

(If I could afford it)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I started getting misfeed issues with certain ammo. 

The wonderful world of 22lr.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:24pm
I wish I could get a *PAL up here, but I have to take the stupid course first. My cousin has my dad's .303 from back in the day and I would like to get that back.

EDIT:  PAL** sorry, Purchase and Acquisition license.
Edit, looks like 5 is the maximum for centre-fire ammo in semi-auto.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 21 December 2011 at 4:55pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:33pm
So, 5 rounds for the FAL?

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:38pm
5 rounds of FAL sounds... wrong.  I need to take another shower now.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

5 rounds of FAL sounds... wrong.  I need to take another shower now.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:51pm
Heres what I got:

Quote Some high-capacity magazines are prohibited regardless of the class of firearm to which the magazines are attached. As a general rule, the maximum magazine capacity is:
  • 5 cartridges for most magazines designed for rifles/shotguns that shoot centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic fashion
  • 10 cartridges for most handgun magazines

A high-capacity magazine is not prohibited if it has been permanently altered so that it cannot hold more than the number of cartridges allowed by law (10). Acceptable ways to alter a magazine are set out in the (Criminal Code Regulations)

There is no limit to the magazine capacity for:

• semi-automatic, rim-fire rifles
  • manually-operated rifles or shotguns (i.e.: lever-action, pump-action or bolt-action)

Additionally, there are a few exclusions on magazine regulations for certain specific firearms.

• Lee-Enfield rifles, in which a 10-round magazines can be used
  • Magazines designed or manufactured for use in U.S. Rifle M1 (Garand), this includes Springfield Armory, Breda and Beretta M1 Garands
  • Magazines designed or manufactured for use in Charlton rifle, Farquhar-Hill rifle and Huot Automatic Rifle that are not reproductions
  • Drum-type magazines for .303 Lewis Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4, Lewis SS and .30 Savage-Lewis; .303 Vickers Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4, Mk4B, Mk5, Mk6, Mk7, as well as Bren Light MG including Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4, and any variant or modified versions of them that are not reproductions
  • Stripper clips for Hotchkiss Model 1895, 1897, 1900, 1909, 1914, 1917 machine-guns, including Hotchkiss (Enfield) No. 2, Mk1 machine-guns and any variant or modified versions of them that are not reproductions
  • Double Drum-type magazines designed or manufactured for use in MG-13, MG-15, MG-17, MG-34, T6-200, T6-220 machine-guns and any variant or modified versions of them that are not reproductions
  • Ammunition belts (metallic or fabric) that are "not a reproduction and was originally designed or manufactured for the purpose of feeding cartridges into an automatic firearm of a type that was in existence before 1945."
  • Semi-automatic handgun magazines that were manufactured before 1910
  • "Snail-drum" type magazines that were originally designed or manufactured for use in the "Parabellum-Pistol or Luger," Borchardt-Luger, Model 1900, 1902, 1904 (Marine), 1904/06 (Marine), 1904/08 (Marine), 1906, 1908, 1908 (Artillery) and any variant or modified version of them
  • Magazines that were originally designed or manufactured as an integral part of the Mauser C96, including Model 1895, 1896, 1902, 1905, 1912, 1915, 1930, 1931, M711 and M712 and any variant or modified version of them
  • Magazines that were originally designed or manufactured for use in the semi-automatic Webley&Scott, Model 1912 and 1915
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:08pm
Also, the FAL is prohibited anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic