Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firearm General Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.25  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 2:49pm
Then I'll say it again you need better lawyers. Any decent lawyer should be able to rope in plenty of witnesses to show many professionals enhance their weapons for reliability and performance. There are many SWAT teams in the USA that do that to improve their ability with guns. Anything a cop can do you should be allowed to do as well.

It is a very simple exercise to show that a more accurate weapon, and one enhanced for performance is a good thing in a self defense situation. Expert witnesses would be on the rollerdex of a good lawyer, which is why I say get hold of one. Before a shooting is much better than after.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 2:56pm
Honestly, a lot of the problem is the election of democrats haha.  As a usual democrat voter, I have to say that when they get elected prices take a hike as fudds start buying up everything left and right and decreasing the supply.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

What's with the "No rapid fire - Think Safety" sign in the pic Gyter? What's their definition of rapid?

And how is it linked to safety?

KBK

Rapid fire is usually considered 2 rounds or more, per second.

I'll never visit a range with such rules.

The indoor range by me specifies no rapid fire, with rapid fire consisting of more than one shot every three seconds. They also have a rule saying no head shots on targets, but those are all there to prevent inexperienced shooters or rentals from perforating the ceiling tiles. The RSO's tell you themselves that if you are shooting responsibily and know what you are doing they don't care. I can understand that, since I wouldn't want some jerk shooting the expensive track that moves the targets. 
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 3:20pm
Lol. Even the indoor range I shot at didn't have such a silly rule.

But then again I've seen people shoot that slow and STILL damage the range.

KBK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 11:39am
You underestimate the stupidity of the average american.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 12:19pm
The range I go to is less than six months old and already had what looked like ,22 in the ceiling tiles and perhaps a 9mm mark on the steel plate covering the track on my lane. 

There is a range about 40minutes from me in Pennsylvania that caters to new shooters from Jersey and New York... They literally have a RSO hover behind you as you shoot. Id have to say a foot or so, maybe less. Needless to say, I have never shot there and probably never will. If I did, I would probably jump back a few feet when shooting the 1911 just to scare the RSO. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 1:57pm
The WMA in MD that I go to for 100 yard shooting/steel core ammo has the 1-shot-per-second rule, but no permanent RSO, so it's kinda an honor system type thing. Unfortunately, it's the closest place for me to shoot black powder, and seeing as how my Kentucky pistol kit is getting to my house via UPS tomorrow, it'll be the place I'll most frequent for a bit.

My range back home is the shizzle. If no one is around, you can run tactical practice runs to your heart's content. Nothing like fire and move exercises.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 2:17pm
I've been eyeing the M&P 40c myself, if I'm limited to 10 round mags, they might as well be bigger bullets. I have to S&W's shooting sports center to try one out sometime. My range is a backyard affair, 75 yards is decent for most of my needs, although 200+ yards is much more fun. I've been considering re-joining the sportsman's club for that purpose, even after their unfortunate micro-uzi incident. It's a safe range when you don't have untrained knuckleheads running an mg expo.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 2:32pm
Do tell.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 5:17pm
It only made international news for the glaring lack of common sense of letting an 8 year old fire a micro-uzi, a, small, light weight, submachinegun with a retardedly high cyclic rate, and the predictable tragic results. 
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

It only made international news for the glaring lack of common sense of letting an 8 year old fire a micro-uzi, a, small, light weight, submachinegun with a retardedly high cyclic rate, and the predictable tragic results. 

That was BIG news here in CT back when it happened.
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 6:40pm
The indoor range I go to has holes in the ceiling.

That takes a certain kind of stupid.
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 1:16am
My local local range, as in 2km, had a road built through the 200m rifle range and half the IDPA "pits".

It ran straight through the sports ground which has almost everything. Rugby soccer and cricket fields, BMX track, RC track, jukskei fields and the shooting ranges. The only sports affected? The shooting range. Thanks guys.

Fortunately the other range about 5km from me has a 500m rifle range. But they are a clay/hunting range. They have some handgun but you can tell it isn't their thing. The stalls are built like an indoor range. They didn't have a "safe area" that I could unload my carry gun. Different trip I was not allowed to shoot without hearing protectors, even though I was using sub-sonics out of a suppressed .22, and I was the only person in the range shooting. The RSO also hovered over my shoulder to make sure I wasn't going to shoot myself or something.

I'm still tempted to take my semi auto rifle to their 100m range and show them you can hit your target multiple times without having to let your barrel cool down between shots.

I realize cold barrel shots are important for hunting.I just wanna see some of them bust and aneruism right there.

KBK

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 6:20am
What's all this talk about RSOs?  The range I went to in college had a 5$ annual membership fee and you just showed up, and shot what you wanted.  It was owned by a tax service/handgun shooting school.  I think I only ever saw the owner/only employee once in 3 years.  

The other place I went to when I was home was owned by the Indiana DNR.  Free to use, had 25-200m ranges and a clay area.  The DNR guys would come out every once in a while, drive through, ask if you signed in, then leave.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 6:57am
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

What's all this talk about RSOs?  The range I went to in college had a 5$ annual membership fee and you just showed up, and shot what you wanted.  It was owned by a tax service/handgun shooting school.  I think I only ever saw the owner/only employee once in 3 years.  

The other place I went to when I was home was owned by the Indiana DNR.  Free to use, had 25-200m ranges and a clay area.  The DNR guys would come out every once in a while, drive through, ask if you signed in, then leave.  

Depending on the liability insurance that the state, or other organizations require the range to carry, there will either be a RSO, or there won't. Generally speaking, ranges attached to stores always have a RSO. Ranges owned by organizations that are open to the public also almost always have RSOs. The reason is limiting the liability of the owners. Private ranges (gun clubs and whatnot) may or may not have a RSO. From what I've experienced, most private clubs have a RSO on "volume" days like the weekends or during events while on weekdays, you won't find anyone there other than shooters.

As for state managed outdoor ranges, most are unmanned due to the lack of funds. They rely on rangers or park police to ensure that nothing dangerously stupid is going on, but they can't be there all the time obviously. Back home at KSF, the rangers show up to unlock the gates in the morning, and close up at night. Very rarely are they out there otherwise. The WMA I go to in MD has a game warden roll through once or twice a day, but is otherwise on the honor system. Meanwhile, the NRA HQ range has no less than two people at any given time in the glass booth overlooking the firing line. The pisto/.22lr only range near me has a RSO on duty any time someone is in the indoor range.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:28am
The little state park range where I go is 3 dollars a visit, with no range officers or park rangers to speak of.  That said, everyone there always follows range safety rules, and its nice not having to worry about losing some skin from a fudd sighting in his .30-06 for deer season.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 10:05am
Amateur hour starts at my local range at 12 noon, that is when I pack up because of the local Rambo's firing AK's and AR's with the price tags still on the rifle.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 1:54pm
We have a city ran, and free public range. With no RSO's.

Much rather shoot in the desert with some buddies, than at any range.

Been swept too many times, regardless if there was a RSO present or not.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 3:57pm
My little sister just uploaded some pictures to facebook. Among them:

My parents were of the belief that, since they owned guns and because I would be exposed to them from time to time, I should know as much about gun safety and etiquette as possible. They were effective teachers, and since the age of 4 I've been checking every firearm handed to me in order to see if it's loaded and if it on safe or not. Good times.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 4:58pm

baby clint eastwood?

yeah it got to the point where my daughter and i were shooting rifle competitions together.  i used to love using club guns off of the rack to beat guys shooting high dollar comp. guns

Edited by Lightningbolt - 15 January 2012 at 5:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic