Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firearm General Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.25  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Brian Fellows Brian Fellows wrote:

The indoor range I go to has holes in the ceiling.

That takes a certain kind of stupid.

we got the police force on video john ramboing it shooting holes in the ceiling.  they got the black, shiny, patent leather, jack boot.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 10:18pm

My first foray into bulding/black powder. Nose cap needs to be ground down to align with the screw holes in the barrel, but otherwise, she's good to go.

As to firearms safety, I've been shooting since I was 5. My wife seems to think that's too young an age to expose someone to firearms, I think it's just about right.

As for ranges with holes in places they shouldn't be. I remember shooting at the NRA HQ range once and there was a nice spiderweb on the lexan to the right of booth #1. I'm guessing someone was banned for life for that one.

Edited by tallen702 - 15 January 2012 at 10:19pm
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 11:09pm
I always mildly disliked shooting black powder, the recoil kind of sucks.  I do however want a cap and ball revolver to play with.

I also want to get like 5 friends and go to a public range in full civil war regalia, and then walk in playing Dixie, smoke the place up and then leave.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

The only thing that could possibly make Tallen cooler and he goes and does it . . . he got a pirate gun.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 3:13pm
Mack, I bet you CCW'ed one of those back in the day, didn't you?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 3:16pm
^^^  Nah, I CCW'ed a stone club.

Incidentally, I LOLed upon initial reading of the above post..
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 4:17pm
Here it is finished thanks to Shorty's bench grinder:
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 4:18pm

Now wait.  Because you and I have both met Shorty does that mean we've met? kinda? sorta?

I dare you to drink a fifth of Cappy, go outside and yell "aaaaaaar!" and shot that thang in the air.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 16 January 2012 at 4:20pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Now wait.  Because you and I have both met Shorty does that mean we've met? kinda? sorta?

Shoot. Shorty and I go waaaaaay back.

L-R: My Roomie, Meg [Shorty's (now) wife], Shorty, Me, Roomie #2, Girl Roomie #2 knocked up.

I also know this bunch of yo-yos:

Yes, I'm in that one too.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I lost all of mine in a boating accident.

Me too!

I'm in Tallen's last picture as well. I even had Tallen cook me meat over open flame.

Edited by Evil Elvis - 16 January 2012 at 5:31pm
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Here it is finished thanks to Shorty's bench grinder:

Now add an offensive amount of Picattiny Rails and paint it Dark Earth. Top it off with an EOTech.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 5:45pm
Load that bad boy with rusty nails and stuff
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Now add an offensive amount of Picattiny Rails and paint it Dark Earth. Top it off with an EOTech.

How'd you know what my M-4 looks like?

And yep! I cooked meat over an open fire for the whole crew! OS, Picasso, Rockslide, Shorty, Henry, Timmy B., Nobody, Dredly, Evil Fran, Big Al, and many others are in that second picture as well. That was a fun game. We need to do it again sometime.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 5:57pm
where the heck did fran tear off to?  I was at the site just a couple of days ago and wasn't surprised to see al still active
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 7:47pm
I thought Dredly's diet consisted of beer and cookies
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

where the heck did fran tear off to?  I was at the site just a couple of days ago and wasn't surprised to see al still active

He's around. Almost everyone from the group shoots real firearms these days instead of playing paintball though.
Apu View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 12:16am
Dude, woah I feel like an idiot, 3 usernames, and over 10 years as a member of this forum, and I NEVER knew you were OMWH tallen.... Wow...I don't know how I ever possibly missed that....

Just to add relevance, I have an old .22lr rifle that was my grandfathers, a crappy Saturday Night special .22 short revolver(will never part with either as they both originally belonged to both of my grandfathers), a Virginian Dragoon .44 mag and a Sig Sauer Mosquito(my range gun, and favorite, no legacy firearm, mine). I call the Skeeter Rita(Phish song but one day I just randomly started saying Rita the Skeeta, hence the name).
I need a new Sig...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 3:39pm

@ 50' with .490 lead musket ball w/ 20grn of pyrodex 'p'

Not too shabby!
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 4:02pm
Already saw that on Facebook. Old.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Already saw that on Facebook. Old.

This.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic