Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We Stopped Dreaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Extreme opbn is extreme. I never said all military spending is wasteful, I believe in strong national defence, but not to extreme lengths. A small-ER military that is expertly trained can be just as effective (in some cases more) as a huge military.

Just setting my case straight here - I know you're not changing your mind.
And I never said all NASA spending was wasteful either. I beleive there is wasteful spending in nearly every government program out there TBH.

And to clarify, I do not beleive I ever endorsed cutting corporate taxation. Think you are getting your old farts mixed up Group B.  

That's likely, there are too many of them running around here.

I will say one last thing though.  Just like war is the necessary evil that drives military innovation spinoffs, space exploration is the necessary "evil" that drives NASAs innovation spinoffs.  If it weren't for space exploration (or some other lofty* goal), NASA would have nothing to develop for. 

* See what i did there?
And I guess thats the crux of it. I feel military innovation is considerably more necessary than trying to figure out how to travel to some unknown or maybe non-existent planet for a scenario that may or may not ever happen with technology that most likely will never exist. Which is back to my original point that people have not stopped dreaming, a lot of us just realized the dream is exactly that, a dream. It most likely will never become a reality as we have imagined it.
It is entirely impossible for man to rise into the air and float there. For this you would need wings of tremendous dimensions and they would have to be moved at three feet per second. Only a fool would expect such a thing to be realized.

— Joseph de Lalande, member of the French Academy, 'Journal de Paris,' 18 May 1782.

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 4:45pm

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Extreme opbn is extreme. I never said all military spending is wasteful, I believe in strong national defence, but not to extreme lengths. A small-ER military that is expertly trained can be just as effective (in some cases more) as a huge military.

Just setting my case straight here - I know you're not changing your mind.
And I never said all NASA spending was wasteful either. I beleive there is wasteful spending in nearly every government program out there TBH.

And to clarify, I do not beleive I ever endorsed cutting corporate taxation. Think you are getting your old farts mixed up Group B.  

That's likely, there are too many of them running around here.

I will say one last thing though.  Just like war is the necessary evil that drives military innovation spinoffs, space exploration is the necessary "evil" that drives NASAs innovation spinoffs.  If it weren't for space exploration (or some other lofty* goal), NASA would have nothing to develop for. 

* See what i did there?
And I guess thats the crux of it. I feel military innovation is considerably more necessary than trying to figure out how to travel to some unknown or maybe non-existent planet for a scenario that may or may not ever happen with technology that most likely will never exist. Which is back to my original point that people have not stopped dreaming, a lot of us just realized the dream is exactly that, a dream. It most likely will never become a reality as we have imagined it.

This answer prompts the same question:

What do you think NASA does?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 4:53pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 5:32pm

Now you've done it. I've gotta go to the school tomorrow to accept a SYSCO order and do some housekeeping while there aren't any kids there. Looks like I'm gonna have to launch some rockets on the LaCross field as well.
zuyao View Drop Down

spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zuyao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 10:37pm

Edited by Mack - 29 March 2012 at 10:42pm
mbro View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 5:27am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Now you've done it. I've gotta go to the school tomorrow to accept a SYSCO order and do some housekeeping while there aren't any kids there. Looks like I'm gonna have to launch some rockets on the LaCross field as well.
Sysco? Come on man!!! Help a brother out. We love school accounts.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic