Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hate Mayor Mike....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate Mayor Mike....
    Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:47am
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:04am
Yeah, enjoy the copious amounts of extra trash this will produce!
Apu View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:21am
...Are you kidding me? What the hell, are We the People not allowed to make ANY choices for ourselves anymore?! This infuriates me more than I can possibly emote through the web. If somebody wants a 64oz soda it should be their choice! Who are you to tell me what I can and can't put in my own body as long as it doesn't effect anybody else. I know there are obviously plenty of laws saying what big brother thinks is good for me and what isn't but this is just too far.

I agree with the comments on the page. We can't let this happen. If this law is enacted, it will be the beginning of the end of everything I love about my country.

Edited by Apu - 31 May 2012 at 11:24am
I need a new Sig...
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:46am
it's about money, not the health of citizens. Think of it this way. McDonalds charges $1.00 for a small where as a large drink and fry added onto your meal is just $1.00 extra. OR you can get a small drink for $1.00, or you can get a large drink for just $1.50 and it is twice the volumn of the small, so it should be $2.00. However, people recognize, or rather correlate the thought of them getting more for less, so they get the large. 

It's not the size of the drink he/they care about, it's the fact he/they want The People to pay more for less.

The good think is that Monsters at exactly 16oz. So all of us energy drink addicts are safe...Ermm
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:49am
He is trying to argue the fact that the container itself is what makes us fat rather than the contents in the drink itself which is just plain ignorant.

It's like me petitioning for the banning of spoons because they made me fat.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:50am
Wow. This is about as misquided as making school lunches ultra low carb/low cal. I can't beleive something like this is even able to get passed.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:57pm
What gets me, is that you'll still be able to get a triple venti caramel latte from starbucks (which will run you 370 calories) but you can't get a 20oz coke (which is only 240 calories)

So in short, Bloomberg is an ass.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

This.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:33pm
Slightly off topic I've always thought the large drinks too damn big.

I don't recall it being different overseas, but a large gets you a large drink. I want a medium. A super size gets you a bloody super tanker load of cooldrink. I want a medium.

Try get a company to give you a burger, extra large fries and a medium drink. Even if you say you'll pay for the super size, but just pour a medium.

Gets my goat.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:51pm
I'll take 4 16 oz. cokes please.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

This.

What bugs the balls off me as an upstater is how much pull this jerk has with this policies over the rest of the state. If NYC does something, Albany's not far behind. So as soon as he starts with full-blown retardation, you can bet the beer money right now that the rest of the state is going to feel the ripples.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 31 May 2012 at 2:04pm
?

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

It's like me petitioning for the banning of spoons because they made me fat.

You would have to ban the table spoons. Teaspoons are safe because they wont allow as much contents to fit in them.

From what I heard (Didn't read the law or article yet). It was poorly written and would even cover stores trying to sell 20oz bottles. It would be unenforceable because every store and restaurant in NYC would have to change the size of their drinks. (I think a standard cup you get at a restaurant is 20oz)
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 3:29pm
This is just dumb. I understand the desire for regulation, but this is the stupidest implementation you could ask for.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:08pm
the funny thing is a lot of fast food places these days do free refills...so...yeah.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

the funny thing is a lot of fast food places these days do free refills...so...yeah.

Great point. Further proves the idiocy of this idea.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 12:33am

What gets me, is that you'll still be able to get a triple venti caramel latte from starbucks (which will run you 370 calories) but you can't get a 20oz coke (which is only 240 calories)

Sweetened coffee is capped also.

I think this law is great. We need to combat obesity and diabetes.

Only government intervention will work.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 6:50am
So when do they start selling you guys TVs that only work two hours a day?

Gotta protect your eyes for you.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 1:51pm
The start of "Bring your Own Big Gulp cup"?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 1:59pm

Local news covered this oddly enough over the weekend. I have to admit I was shocked that they were able to do it with a straight face. Honestly, it almost seemed like they thought it was a good idea. One of the closing comments on the story was the statement that "if this law passes, many more states will likely follow suit." Really? I can't believe there isn't more uproar about this. Have we really just given up? I don't even drink soda for the most part, but instead choose unsweetened iced tea and I typically grab the largest sized cup they have. Will I now only get to grab a 20oz cup? Seems silly to me.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 04 June 2012 at 2:12pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:11pm
Well, when parents can't take care of their children, the state steps in and takes the children away.  There are way too many fat kids for the state to handle, so they have to deal with bad parents in ways like this.  I see where they are coming from, but I think it would make more sense for them to ban the large drinks for kids, rather than everyone.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic