Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First game in 3 years:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 4:43pm
Used to wear a cup. Found it pointless especially once I got a pair of really baggy paintball pants. For how many layers there are, wearing a cup isn't necessary. Never been shot in the nads though. If it ever concerns me, I just make sure a leg is more likely to be in the way.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Well no amount of bollock shots are going to be as bad as a shot to the bell end. I've had both and the old japs eye still winces when I think about it.

Yeah the couple of nard shots I've taken were "bell end" shots with BDU pants back in my college days. That just frikken stings. But at least you don't get the "I need to vomit" reflex from that experience which a nice hard kick to the nuts would produce.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 1:36am
I've never been shot in the wedding tackle either. Once I lost my box and didn't have time to stop to buy another, so I also added some protection there and just went with it.

I narrowly avoided a hit to the nads. My knee moved in front of them in the last split second.

THAT hurt like hell, so it would have been apocalyptic. I never played without one again. I still have three or four around the house somewhere.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 8:12am
After years of work, I finally got my ZoomCam where I am totally pleased with the results. 

Here is a little video I made to show off its capabilities vs traditional action cams on the market. 

They tremble at my name...
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 5:27pm
Thankfully I've yet to take one to the stick and berries, but through my years of experience as a hockey goalie I know the importance of protection there. Regretfully and stupidly I've never addressed this issue, but after fanning through these posts it's on my list before I hit the field again. There are a lot of inexperienced players out there these days that just pray and spray, increasing the odds tremendously. 
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 5:29pm
Is Zoom Cam the name of the product itself? I was thinking about a GoPro for the future, how does it compare in terms of video quality? 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:58am
The ZoomCam is my own invention, I don't have them for sale. 

If I were thinking about an action cam, I would lean towards the Contour vs the Go pro. The go pro has a funky size and shape, especially when putting it on your helmet. Plus the mic is pretty weak once inside the waterproof housing to keep paint off of it. 

I use a Contour Roam, great little camera for the money.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 12:43pm
So my goal filming games was to let the viewer at home "feel" the fun of woodsball. 

I think this game finally captures that "feel"... What do you guys think? It is a full game from our last event (game 9). 

A sniper was hidden, and we had to push trying to get them to fire and expose "where" they were, as I wasn't sure...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic