Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brand new A5 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcourt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand new A5 issues
    Posted: 14 September 2013 at 3:41pm
I just bought a new A5 with etrigger. I immediately changed to a Tippmann flatline barrel, but made no other changes. When I fire, four or five balls are fed, but then the feeder stops. Manually feeding balls works fine. Any ideas what the cause might be?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 9:05am
The cyclone stops working? Are you using CO2 or HPA? If you are running CO2, make sure the tank is full. If you are air, detach and disassemble the cyclone and see if any of the parts are worn or damaged.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 9:38am
Yeah, I'd also do a soap and water test on the valve tap and line leading to the cyclone system to see if there are any loose connections or fittings that could cause a loss in pressure.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
NANomaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NANomaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 2:50pm
Check to see if the airline between the cyclone and the QEV isn't pinched, also, when you put the cyclone back on, did you torque it down all the way until the screw stopped ? If so, back it off a quarter of a turn. Overtightening can cause the feed paddles to bind.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic