Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's everyone reading/listening/playing/watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Everyone's excited for football, I'm excited the new season of Shameless starts tonight.

Watched the second half of the season opener. Will not be watching any more football this year. Holy cow was that some piss poor play.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 7:55pm
I've been watching hurricane forecast models for the past two days. If it pulls more to the GFS outlook, I could be hurting.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 8:33pm
Stay safe :(

I think I might be driving right into the storm path next week D:

edit: Guess the storm proper should be over by then, but I'm guessing the impact on traffic and the area will still be severe, might switch to I-70...

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 10 September 2018 at 8:52pm
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 11:53pm
Started watching Jack Ryan.  The plot's alright.  The acting is ok.  The writing is lazy and the makeup is annoying.  You can always spot the terrorist by how much eyeliner he's wearing.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 8:06am
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Stay safe :(

I think I might be driving right into the storm path next week D:

edit: Guess the storm proper should be over by then, but I'm guessing the impact on traffic and the area will still be severe, might switch to I-70...

Shouldn't be too bad. Baltimore is far enough up the bay that the surge will likely only affect low-lying areas like Fells Point. I-70 is likely well out of the path of anything bad.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 12:37pm
Have been planning on taking I-40, then 81, by most accounts an easier drive with more amenities and less boring scenery, but obviously the condition of the road is more important. 

Started Deadwood again, I've watched the first few episodes a few times but for whatever reason never kept going, this time I think I'm making it through though.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Have been planning on taking I-40, then 81, by most accounts an easier drive with more amenities and less boring scenery, but obviously the condition of the road is more important. 

Started Deadwood again, I've watched the first few episodes a few times but for whatever reason never kept going, this time I think I'm making it through though.

I-81 is boring as boring can be. Yeah you get to drive through the North Fork Shenandoah Valley for part of it, but it's a valley. I drove round trip from Martinsburg, WV to Newport, TN and back two summers ago on I-81 and the urge to fall asleep at the wheel was overwhelming. Mainly flat and straight with nothing much to look at.

Google Maps is suggesting 40-44-70 as an alternate route. Best of both worlds?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 1:41pm
Was about to say maybe new thread to avoid derailing and then it struck me how absurd that is on a forum as dead as this lol

Boredom is a real concern when driving solo, I did a thousand miles back from oregon a couple days ago and that was a bad time. Toll roads on the 40-44-70 route are a bit of a pain, just gonna have to wait and decide closer to leaving (this weekend I think).
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 10:40pm
I did 4,600 miles solo a couple years back.  I found myself narrating the drive to my dash cam after about day 3.  I'm glad Nebraska and Wyoming weren't multi-day legs.  
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 11:42pm
Holy moly, 4600? What was the reason for what I'm assuming was a partial round-trip across the continent and back? My plan is to listen to a revolving playlist of Uhh Yeah Dude, old BBC Radio Dramas, and music. ABBA was the best thing to get me back to an attentive state for the 1k drive...
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 12:40am
I got stationed in Alaska, coming from Kuwait.  I flew from Kuwait to south west Indiana, picked up my truck from my parents' and drove the rest of the way.  I think I spent 12 days on the road total.  I could have made it shorter in time and distance, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see some sights along the way.  It ended up being something like 76 hours of moving time.

Furkot.com is a pretty great road trip planning tool.  It lets you set your daily range, fuel range, recommends gas stations, hotels, landmarks, etc.  Then you can adjust your route by dragging and setting additional stops and print out an itinerary.  
Not sure if it'll work, but this might be the share link to my trip https://trips.furkot.com/ts/eV01mF

Edited by Eville - 12 September 2018 at 12:40am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 12:29pm
Longest single leg I've ever done (no sleeping, only stopping for food and fuel) was 602 miles. 10 hours straight. That was my drive to and from school every break for 3 years.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 3:02pm
Wow quite the trip Eville! Cool site too, messing around with it and it is making a lot of sense. As long as I can figure out the tolls on 44 I think I've got it figured out. First leg 11 hours which might be hard on the kitties, but getting easier each day and arriving in Baltimore in the mid-afternoon on the fourth day.

Now I just gotta figure out how to get rid of my bed...

edit: Scratch that 4 day plan, site doesn't estimate traffic, checked with google and it says up to 12 hours on each of those legs, no bueno. Making this a 5 day trip for my sanity and the health of the cats.

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 12 September 2018 at 3:37pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 6:30pm
If you just want to get rid of it (the bed) look for a habitat for humanity
re-store. They'll usually pick up stuff like that.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 12:09am
Started The Americans. Damn ruskies...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2018 at 6:03am
I can't stop watching the new GUNSHIP music video. They had their fans re-create their favorite scenes from 80's movies. The end result is utterly amazing.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:47am
So, still listening to GUNSHIP almost not stop, but I've been looping Magna Carta Cartel's "The Demon King" in the office for the past 4 hours or so.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2018 at 12:07pm
Finished The Americans. Still watching Shameless even this season is terrible. About to wrap up The Nineties by CNN on Netflix. I'll prob start Man in the High Castle after. I'm most excited about F is for Family on Netflix by Bill Burr.

Edited by impulse418 - 21 October 2018 at 12:09am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:52am
Started Chernobyl on HBO. Tis good
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Started Chernobyl on HBO. Tis good

Same here after seeing Tallen's post.  So good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
  Share Topic