Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fallout 4 and other stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2015 at 2:01pm
Busy cruizing the wastelands too. Tis a great version of Fallout. I honestly hope they remake Fallout 3 and Fallout NV with the same engine. Hell I'd want 1 and 2 with it too.

The usefulness of junk is amazing. I have two settlements one with no wall but lots of turrets and one with a wall and only 2 turrets. Still haven't found Diamond City.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2015 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Ever seen a field 'paintjob' done by a couple of PO's privates in the motor pool? I love to make my vehicles look 'used' and beat up, I even break and bend things as tanks have a habit of bumping into trees and such in the field. These guys that museum paint vehicles? Really?

My dad particularly complained that M60 bipods would get stuck and damaged on branches.

They were new once upon a time. Most of my WH40K stuff is showroom but some isn't. Mostly my Guard stuff is worn because they are Guard but about 90% of my Marine stuff is new.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2015 at 8:55am
How you all doing so far in FO4? Got 6 thriving 'villes' up and running aligned with 'Minutemen'. Built my M-1100 .50 Sniper Rifle 76DMG, M-140 Battle Rifle in .308 58DMG, and various other toys. Good reinforced 'Combat Armor' and T51b Power Armor, at Level 26, and still wandering and building, not really going after final objective for awhile, just having fun with the logistics part of game. Got a great little house built in Sanctuary, with dog house outside for 'Dogmeat'. Tons of supplies, a few large farms, now building electrical grids in the villes. Having a blast.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2015 at 7:04pm
I'm only a level 18 or 19. I have seven or eight farms set up. Sanctuary is my best town with 17 people (50 defense). The other ones I have with over 10 people is the drive-in, trading company, and the greenhouse. The most interesting settlement I've seen so far is Hangman's alley. I haven't made it to Diamond city yet, but I plan on heading that way soon.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2015 at 11:56am
Having trouble setting up the other settlements. Getting the materials there to build what's needed is a killer.

Roving the Wasteland with my X01 MkV armour. Double shot combat rifle for 130+ points. A night vision equipped Gauss rifle that does like 300 points, a drum fed combat shotgun which holds 32 rounds at 140 damage, with a 25% increase in rate of fire. Thisnis my anti Deathclaw gun. I also have a 10mm anti Ghoul pistol with a silencer because 10mm.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2015 at 3:46pm
Get a central ville, I use Sanctuary, then set up trade routes from Sanctuary to your new villes, supplies will show for building. Dump everything you get at your central wookbench and it will distribute as needed to other wookbenches in you othewr villes
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2015 at 7:47am
With the trade routes, will all of the inventory be available at every workbench?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2015 at 4:09pm
It gradually builds inventory at the out laying settlements, you do not have full access to all supplies until ville has pop of 16 and 80% or so I have found. Get your populations to at least 11 by moving people from the smaller initial outlaying settlements to the larger more secure ones. Then expand out. Remember these supply caravans will be raided and the further they got to go, the less chance they will get there with what is needed.

Also cache (drop) the more hard to find supplies in a 'supply room' not in workbench so your inventory does not get panned out or lost enroute to other settlements. Aluminum, Oil, Screws, Copper secure in a 'supply room' and dole out as required.
Get your settlers armed and ammo'd with good pipe guns and get body armor on them ASAP to defend the settlements and when attacked by the time you get there to help usually problem already solved.
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 1:41am
Anyone else stuck with settlements at around 16?

My guy is rocking oower armour 100% of the time and I have over 100 core in store. They sell them at all decent shops.

My settlements are all protected by mutiple sentry guns with guys rocking their 1980s style armour over shorts. Lols.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 2:22am
Kayback, the settlements will only get to 10 plus you charisma level. I'd assume you are at level 6.

I built my first missile turrets the other day... supermutants beware.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 9:10am
Ah. And it is natural Charisma. I'm on 11 but that is with my armours. Thanks.

When crafting if you use, say, a used oil can for oil is the steel component stored or wasted? Is it worth it to scrap everything before you store it?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 2:38am
Found and 'working' with The Institute, kinda undercover till I sort this out. Have my BOS credentials as Knight, as well as met The Railroad. Just trying to sort it all out. Cait is with me, she has some issues...but just having fun.   I have 'fortified villes. armed and uniformed 'security' and a vast trade route network, so all is going well. I know I can end this here pretty quick, but going to keep on going to see what happens.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 7:39am

Found and 'working' with The Institute, kinda undercover till I sort this out. Have my BOS credentials as Knight, as well as met The Railroad. Just trying to sort it all out. Cait is with me, she has some issues...but just having fun.   I have 'fortified villes. armed and uniformed 'security' and a vast trade route network, so all is going well. I know I can end this here pretty quick, but going to keep on going to see what happens.

I swear, I'm going to see Star Wars and PM you every spoiler there is. You're killing me!

I had a feeling you could work with either the railroad or Institute. Kinda like how you could pick Caesar/NCR/House/Kill House in New Vegas
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I swear, I'm going to see Star Wars and PM you every spoiler there is. You're killing me!

I had a feeling you could work with either the railroad or Institute. Kinda like how you could pick Caesar/NCR/House/Kill House in New Vegas
Jar Jar Binks dies..
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 11:50am
Too late saw it...............it was great. BTW it is open world so anything can happen, son's game going totally different direction, so not really spoilers, in his game Cait is a flirt, mine she is a addict. He is a BoS mercenary, I am playing the feild.

Edited by oldsoldier - 17 December 2015 at 2:35pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 3:45am
It all draws to abhead pretty sharply. Suddenly one faction will want you to do something which will go against the others.

I just wish the game was more self aware. Just had someone say theyexpected someone better armed. I'm wearing maxed out modified X01 armour and toting a MIRV Fatman. You don't get much better than this.

Also had a rousing speech to some recruits by the BOS as to how a Knight getsvrewarded with this precious power armour, while standing there in my tricked out T45F armour.

Some of the random lines reflect you're well kitted but not the story lines.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 6:42am
I thought it was interesting that Codsworth pronounced my real name but everyone else will not.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 8:09am
My character's name is Ben Dover. Some people never grow up.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2016 at 10:31am
Brother in law gave me a free copy of Fallout 4 this week, so I'm starting it up today in advance of shoulder surgery next week.

Any tips for someone with zero experience in any of the fallout games?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2016 at 2:42pm
Yeah, apparently you can only have one companion at a time, so if you trade your dog for someone, make sure you send the dog back to your base camp or you'll never be able to find hi again.  Poor fella.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic