Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fallout 4 and other stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2016 at 8:19pm
Charisma 6 Local leader is a must if you plan on building the settlements. You can farm purified water and jet to make extra money.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2016 at 10:32pm
Should I be scrapping all the junk I find, or is it better to hold on to those random ass items you find all over the place?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2016 at 11:49pm
Depends on end goal. A lot of 'junk' comes in handy when raw material is needed, just pile it around your central building and use as needed.

I have piles of stuff in all settlements.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2016 at 2:22am
Starting to explore a little bit. Not sure how I feel about the game just yet. Having never played a Fallout game before, I guess I need to get acclimated to the gameplay before I can really appreciate it.

I will say, that I managed to thoroughly creep myself out searching through abandoned houses afraid of ghoulers.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2016 at 12:20pm
Keep it simple, keep it slow and learn. Don't get yourself over your head with 'enemies'. Disengage if too much for you and go around. Expand you little world from your base settlement and get a good perimeter of villes. rest is easy but don't get impatient and try to go too fast.

I beat the game several months back and now have another going where I limit myself to 'pipe' weapons and old military uniforms and body armor, I do collect power armor and return them to my central base ville, got 6 suits already standing there.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2016 at 2:37pm
Do the power cells for your armor always deplete so quickly? Seems like I can't get through a mission without ~1/2 of it being gone.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 2:03am
Yes- the more you do, fast transport, or run depletes them pretty quick. Only use Power Armor when and where you really need it, store suits at your settlements, and use closest one to where you want to do whatever. Don't use them full time as repair costs in raw materials gets up there as well. I just collect the suits and store them in my settlements till I need one. Use the military body armor, works but not as well, but no 'energy' needs. Also get body armor for you settlement security people as well as well as good weapons. If they get attacked you need them to survive till you fast transport there.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 4:34am
Make sure to take the fusion core out of you armor after you leave it somewhere. You don't want a raider or settler taking it from you.
As far as junk goes, some people stack it on the floor and some don't. I just hit "Y" on Xbox1 and store all of my junk in the workshop.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 8:45am
I have storage boxes for all the different materials at main settlement. And yes remove and store fusion cores. I also use Vault 11 for my main 'base' with all the storage room available.

So far just wandering with bolt weapons and gathering raw materials and 'fun' stuff. The pile of weapons in storage is massive, as well as ammunition stocks. Since I know the drill of how to finish game, making it a challenge.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 12:21pm
I use power armor as my full-time suit, have been pretty much since I got it.  There are tons of fusion cores around, just have to find them.  I don't think I've ever gone below 30 cores on hand.  
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 2:42pm
1st game run through I did as well. Now for challenge only use Power Armor as needed.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 7:02pm
I'll probably start a play through using that method as well.  I'm thinking melee weapons only though.  
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 7:47pm
Anyone playing Rocket League? I'm addicted. It would be cool to get together on discord (like a skype call for gamers) and team up or play against each other.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2016 at 8:28am
Is anyone else playing Factorio because oh my god, Factorio. 
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2016 at 7:08pm
I just watched a gameplay trailer for it. Holy crap. I think I would screw that game up in a heartbeat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic