Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

But, I could get an AK...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2015 at 8:14pm
I would go with an O-PAP over the M70B1. The Century M70's use US receivers and barrels and lack an optic rail. The N-PAP lacks the RPK receiver and is close to the Iraqi rifles. The Yugo barrels are CHF and should last a bit better than the button-rifled US made barrels, which apparently shoot pretty well anyways. None of them are chrome-lined to my knowledge. Or do what I did and get a kit build, though you probably can't get an original barrel anymore (My kit was $70 with the original barrel after I paid extra for hand-picked for bore condition and trench art) I went through Meridian Ordnance and they've really backed up their work and fixed a few things for me and had excellent turn-around time to boot. Spivey is also good according to Reddit. My actual rifle. The RPR is my current object of lust, $950 at the local gunshop, they can't keep the 6.5 Creedmore models in stock. I'll probably buy an AR lower just to have it, but boy do I want the RPR. 
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 12:57pm
My next pick-up is going to be a Tikka T3 Lite in either of the 300 win mag flavors.  I'll probably end up topping it with a Zeiss.  I'm planning on this being my go-to game rifle when I get to Alaska.  
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2015 at 11:02am
I think I might be the only forummer left that doesn't own a firearm.

Out in sunny southern California there is nothing to shoot at, although I am about an hour from San Bernardino. Apperently they have terrorists there.

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2015 at 11:40pm
Well, I found the Ruger AR 556 for cheap at a Police Equipment/Supply Shop about 30 minutes drive from the house.  Made a trip to the Gunshop where I made a $100 deposit for the same weapon.  I asked for the deposit back and when he asked why, I didn't want to tell him I found it cheaper so as not to offend.  I blamed it on Christmas and that the money would be better suited for my kids and the rifle would have to wait.  Being the local gunsmith, I may need his services at a later date.  He still copped a bit of a 'tude with me and said he won't have a problem selling it when it comes in.  I hate when people do that.  My wife does that.  I can tolerate it from my wife because its a female thing.  But from somebody I don't know?  He started on the quick path to flipping my switch.  Bit my tongue, took my deposit and left.  Instead of $641 + tax with him, I paid $585 + tax at the other place.  Everywhere else I've looked, they're $749 and up.  I think I got a decent deal.

She is a beautiful rifle.  Came with a 30rd Magpul 2nd gen magazine.  I received (2) 3rd gen Magpul magazines in the mail a couple of days ago.  Last week, my order of 500rds of WPA .223 also came in.  So, I'm good to go.  Just have to find a plinking buddy to hit the range with.

Edited by StormyKnight - 24 December 2015 at 11:42pm
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 4:36pm
Looks sweet! Bet it shoots good too! I haven't shot my 9 yet... Been so busy and it has been raining all weekend. 
They tremble at my name...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Looks sweet! Bet it shoots good too! I haven't shot my 9 yet... Been so busy and it has been raining all weekend. 
I'm stifling the urge to put as much stuff on it as I can like I did my A-5 and Harley.  So far, I have restrained myself to a MOE SL Mag538 Handgrip and MOE SL Mag347 Collapsible Stock.  I will carefully consider optics for another time.  Any suggestions from you guys will be seriously entertained.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 6:28pm

Walked in the store to pick up a SR22.... Walked out with something a little more expensive. But holy moly is it sexy
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 10:29pm
I figure you guys would like Demolition Ranch on youtube. He shoots a lot of stuff in entertaining ways for even non shooters and he is a nice guy that is also a vet doing great charity work around the world on his other youtube channel,Vet Ranch.

Edited by RoboCop - 16 January 2016 at 10:30pm
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 11:38pm
Did he mill the gills on an AR-15?
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 12:47pm
LOL!!!  That dude is a psycho!!!!!

Man, if I wasn't slack-jawed, I was laughing....

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Walked in the store to pick up a SR22.... Walked out with something a little more expensive. But holy moly is it sexy

Sweet!  Make and model?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Sweet!  Make and model?

Sig MCX
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 6:56pm
Wait.  Where's the buffer tube?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Wait.  Where's the buffer tube?

There is none Big smile

Edited by impulse418 - 17 January 2016 at 7:15pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 9:33pm
WANT!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2016 at 11:02am
HAWT
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2016 at 10:51pm
Replaced the factory handguard and stock with Magpul Slimline Handguard and Carbine stock.  Going to wait after I shoot it before I consider swapping out the pistol grip.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 8:22am
The girlfriend and I took her Ruger AR556 out this Saturday. Shot very well, zero malfunctions. Can't comment on accuracy due to the miserable 30 MPH winds. But I can report her ear to ear smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic