Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 2016 election.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 8:34am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Sorry about that, had a bad morning. My humor meter was clearly broken.
All good.  Happens to everyone.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 2:04pm
Every day I wake up, read what's going on and become more convinced that this is the worst thing to happen to us as a country.

Steve Bannon on the National Security Council? How can anyone justify this?

irc.esper.net
#paintball
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 11:06pm
I already called dibs on moving in with Scotchy in Scotland when it becomes necessary to flee the country. Ya'll can find your own refuge. 

Edited by __sneaky__ - 04 February 2017 at 11:07pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 1:54pm
Like anything, the political pendulum went to far Left then swung back radically Right by sheer momentum. Both major parties created The Trump, and still can not figure out the how and why of it all.

We would be so much better if we stopped that pendulum in the middle, but that is not in the current mindset of either party, each want to be the dominant party. And one party rule should scare the crap out of anyone who understands history.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 3:04pm
I completely disagree with the notion that the left somehow created "The Trump".  Trump's rise would better be attributed the GOP's policy of vilifying everything Obama tried to do for the last 8 years and with the help of pundit commentary, convincing their followers that the country was literally being destroyed by a covert Kenyan muslim.  The GOP played up people's fears about Muslims and immigrants which led to them choosing the republican candidate who was willing to take the hardest stand against their imaginary boogeyman.  The only role the democratic party played in Trump getting elected was to use shady (at best) practices to force an unelectable candidate onto the ballot.  
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 3:50pm
Also rigging a primary for an unelectable candidate didn't help either.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 4:01pm
What I meant by creating Trump was the idea that the Democrats did not understand the 'needs' of the vast Red Sea, and concentrated only on the areas they assumed they would 'win'. Combined with the name calling and essentially calling 1/4 of America 'Deplorables' and the next 1/4 guilty by association, they created the knee jerk monster Trump as he was saying what these 1/2 of the people wanted to hear. As well as the mainline GOP also in the business as usual mode turning off a vast portion of the GOP vote. Trump was the anti-Hillary, anti-mainstream GOP 'answer' created by both sides against the middle.

Here in Nebraska a lot of hard line Democrats were somehow anti-Hillary as she had no interest in 'flyover' country needs, and even in the Democrat strongholds of Lincoln and Omaha, traditionally Democrat in BIG numbers had a considerable Trump vote. Now imagine the same results in Ohio, and Michigan, traditional Democrat areas. All those little blue pimples in the vast Red sea just did not understand the electoral process, nor the monster created in Trump.

As I try and explain to the usual suspects my vote was anti-Hillary, nothing more, and 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. And the new American voter practice of not voting for but voting against.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 6:53am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

What I meant by creating Trump was the idea that the Democrats did not understand the 'needs' of the vast Red Sea, and concentrated only on the areas they assumed they would 'win'. Combined with the name calling and essentially calling 1/4 of America 'Deplorables' and the next 1/4 guilty by association, they created the knee jerk monster Trump as he was saying what these 1/2 of the people wanted to hear. As well as the mainline GOP also in the business as usual mode turning off a vast portion of the GOP vote. Trump was the anti-Hillary, anti-mainstream GOP 'answer' created by both sides against the middle.

Here in Nebraska a lot of hard line Democrats were somehow anti-Hillary as she had no interest in 'flyover' country needs, and even in the Democrat strongholds of Lincoln and Omaha, traditionally Democrat in BIG numbers had a considerable Trump vote. Now imagine the same results in Ohio, and Michigan, traditional Democrat areas. All those little blue pimples in the vast Red sea just did not understand the electoral process, nor the monster created in Trump.

As I try and explain to the usual suspects my vote was anti-Hillary, nothing more, and 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. And the new American voter practice of not voting for but voting against.

I think this is a good point. The institutional right spent 8 years telling everyone that government didn't work and doing their part to make it true, and then expected to walk in an put up an establishment candidate and have everything be okay.

They fanned the flames to create a situation where someone like Trump could win. You don't get to set a wildfire and then complain where it goes. 

Regardless, the resultant protests/riots/social media whining and the way mainstream media portrays everything is getting so old. At this point the world could go to hell in a handbasket and I wouldn't care, just so long as I could stop reading everyone **edited**ing 24/7 while it was happening.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 6:36pm
OS, I understand your overall point but I do debate one particular point.

The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend. Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is happy to set your house on fire just for lulz, or because he might make his own situation a little bit better in the process.

I get that the "red sea" hated Hillary. I even get that many of them didn't know any better. That doesn't negate that Hillary would have been immeasurably better for the country as a whole.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 06 February 2017 at 6:37pm

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I think this is a good point. The institutional right spent 8 years telling everyone that government didn't work and doing their part to make it true, and then expected to walk in an put up an establishment candidate and have everything be okay.

They fanned the flames to create a situation where someone like Trump could win. You don't get to set a wildfire and then complain where it goes. 

Regardless, the resultant protests/riots/social media whining and the way mainstream media portrays everything is getting so old. At this point the world could go to hell in a handbasket and I wouldn't care, just so long as I could stop reading everyone **edited**ing 24/7 while it was happening.
Ummm - I'm pretty sure the reason everyone is
[whining] 24/7, is exactly because they perceive the country to be going to hell in a handbasket. Making it worse isn't going to shut anybody up.

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Ummm - I'm pretty sure the reason everyone is [whining] 24/7, is exactly because they perceive the country to be going to hell in a handbasket. Making it worse isn't going to shut anybody up.

Is that why things like the emmigration freeze, which have been enacted by president after president are turned into protests? How the first president to ever be elected after being pro-LGBTQ rights is now suddenly a bigot? 

I didn't like the Trump nomination. And I wasn't going to vote for him until the Clinton nomination forced my hand. But still, I didn't plan on voting for him again in 2020. Now? This **edited** is ridiculous. I guess I'll be Trump2020 as it stands now.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 11:04pm
http://www.snopes.com/president-obama-ban-muslims-2011/

Try again.

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 5:38am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/president-obama-ban-muslims-2011/

Try again.

You're right, Obama just had his admin slow the review down to the near stopping point. A 90-day stay while vetting is overhauled is truly a travesty against humanity in comparison.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 8:19am
I'm not going to pretend that I agree with what Obama did either. I don't. However if you think that is the only reason people are protesting in droves you either haven't been paying attention, or you have only been paying attention to FOX news.

Trump makes George W. And Nixon look like a walk in the park. He and his staff are sharing pants-on-fire lies faster than the fact checkers can sort through them. He has already caused the death of a soldier and civilians, and didn't bother to show up to the situation room about the whole thing. Hell, he admitted that he didn't even realize that he was appointing Bannon to the Security Council. He's literally just signing what they put in front of him. I could keep going, but to top it off; people on the left are horrified by him, but are just as horrified by people pretending that this is somehow normal/business as usual.

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 8:57am
I'm still waiting for my tax break.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 10:36am
You can not do comparisons. For those of you who forgot, the Johnson administration 'lied' to get us into Vietnam, Johnson was about as racist as a Texan could get, but played the political winds to his advantage. Nixon got us out of Vietnam, and got us talking to the Chinese. So everything political is relative. Too many people are all negative all the time on Trump for the sole reason of they lost and now come up with lies to fit the situation as well.

'Muslim Ban'...really?   Restricted immigration from 7 Muslim dominant countries, and every other Muslim dominant nation in the world business as usual, immigrate all you want, legally. But to narrow minds a total 'Muslim Ban' which is a bold face media lie gets the desired 'racist' response from the bobble heads.

Less that three weeks in and something being done about the promises made, and people are 'surprised' and expect miracles and instant gratification.

Just like in 1860, 1/2 the country hated Lincoln, going to split the Union, led to a war, and who led that political we hate Lincoln charge....Democrats. 2017 1/2 the country hates Trump, and who is leading the charge...Democrats. Anyone else see a pattern here?

Democrats are the voice of radical action and discourse, you must respect their 'choices' without question, while they respond to any opposition with demonstrations and violence. Democrats in their arrogance created the Trump along with the assistance of mainstream Republicans, and they are getting what they deserve on BOTH sides. Now grow up, and work together and stop this polarized idiocy, meet in the middle and in 2020 give us real candidates, and real leadership, and work for all the people not just your preferred voters.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 11:23am
Quick, let's burn down a college and call anyone that disagrees with us fascists.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Quick, let's burn down a college and call anyone that disagrees with us fascists.
Quick, let's dodge earlier points of the conversation by creating a scapegoat!

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 3:48pm
Well, Betsy got confirmed. Anyone want to defend this one?

irc.esper.net
#paintball
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Well, Betsy got confirmed. Anyone want to defend this one?

Defend? Hell no. But I do hope that some control over education goes back to the states because of this. I understand that there are plenty of bad points to that (Texas science classes for example) but I also think a lot more good can come of it with the right people in place at the state level.

Let's not think for a second that DeVos will have ANY personal control over the Department of Education. She's a puppet plain and simple. What's more, she's expendable. Don't think for a second she won't be ousted the moment this administration's base disagrees with one of their moves.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
  Share Topic