Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 2016 election.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 24>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 8:24am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I think it's pretty ridiculous we cannot buy health insurance over state lines,
This.

When I was shopping around for motorcycle insurance a few years ago, I found it cheaper in Florida through Progressive.  The same coverage in Michigan with the same company was far more expensive.  If I can shop for insurance out of state for a better rate, why can't we do the same for health insurance???  Get rid of the ACA and open up competition across state lines.  Christ, this isn't rocket science...
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 12:01pm
We need automotive insurance reform. The fact that insurance for men can be higher than women is not fair. They shouldn't be able to use statistics.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 10:05pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/cnn-drops-donna-brazile-as-pundit-over-wikileaks-revelations/2016/10/31/2f1c6abc-9f92-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Boy, I bet CNN was just SHOCKED

That proof of this was found so quickly

Edited by usafpilot07 - 31 October 2016 at 10:27pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/cnn-drops-donna-brazile-as-pundit-over-wikileaks-revelations/2016/10/31/2f1c6abc-9f92-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Boy, I bet CNN was just SHOCKED

That proof of this was found so quickly
Shocked because it happened or because it was made publicly known?

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 10:20pm
Shame they didn't.  They clearly didn't need to.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2016 at 2:33am
As an Ohioan, I don't want any more nailbiters after tonight. I'm getting stressed.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2016 at 10:50am
Yesterday i saw this:

German docu about the main problem

Didnīt found a complete english Version of the vid but you can hear the original voices sometimes Long enough !

Something like this should not happen again:

Less than 1% evil makes Trouble for the rest !!!
I would not feel bad if they would get killed, thatīs minimum for that evil they have done to the mankind !!!
People who do a good Job for the People donīt Need Bodyguards !!!

Also a big Problem is the brainwash by media(not just election News), so People who donīt like to think much they go believe what they see like a stupid Horde shure normal People donīt waste much time for this Problem cause they have to work and do other usefull things but if they take just the 1st Information they go believe it and donīt go ask why this is like it is etc. Use your Brains, donīt vote is like vote booth and vote one of the evil is the same evil !!!

I like Tippmann !!!

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 4:08pm
Whale, should the many reporters who have been busted by wikileaks giving their stories to the Hillary campaign or writing stories that the DNC wants them to write. Should they lose their jobs? Or does journalistic ethics have a new standard I'm not aware of? 
They tremble at my name...
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2016 at 9:05am
You do know there are two sets of rules, Those for Hillary and those who support her, and the enforced rules for everyone else.

Journalism is no longer that but now a true political machine as these Clinton fiasco readily proves. Once a media outlet 'endorses' a candidate the defenders of the faith journalist defend their chosen candidate, and then actively seeks damaging information for the opposing candidates. The local 'rags' here are prime examples of ethical issues with journalists based on the number of Republican hit pieces, and Democrat praises.

Ethical journalism died quite some time ago, I want to say 68 or so.

Edited by oldsoldier - 05 November 2016 at 9:12am
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2016 at 11:14am
Where is Hunter S. Thompson when you need him.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2016 at 9:04pm
I'm probably biased, but I think this race is way more interesting:

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 11:02am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Where is Hunter S. Thompson when you need him.
If he hadn't offed himself by now, this is what would have made him do it.

I was reading some passages out of Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail 1972, and some of his descriptions of Wallace could have easily been about Trump in 2016.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 5:30pm
When there's OT opportunities posted for "Election Night Added Patrols" ....you have a pretty good idea of what sort of time we're living in. 
?

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

When there's OT opportunities posted for "Election Night Added Patrols" ....you have a pretty good idea of what sort of time we're living in. 

Edited by impulse418 - 06 November 2016 at 6:28pm
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 8:26pm
Shout-out to this guy at a Trump rally in Minnesota today: 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

I'm probably biased, but I think this race is way more interesting:

What a weird thing Utah has been. 

Trump will probably win, but the fact that McMullin has been able to make it competitive, and could potentially even sneak out a win, is really interesting. Especially considering he's spent essentially no money on this outing. 

Are you in Utah? Has there been a lot of TV ads or ground game for McMullin? 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 8:43pm
Tomorrow is the last day before Election Day. 

I don't see Trump having much of a path to victory at this point. He narrowed it a lot closer than it was a month ago, and the popular vote count will be a lot closer, but even the most optimistic map I can see for Trump looks like this: 

That's giving him Ohio (Where he's ahead), Florida, North Carolina (Both coin flips), and Nevada (Where early voting and polling disagree). It still doesn't get him past 270. 

So I guess the question I have is: If Trump is going to pull off a victory, which states break from their polling trends to get him there? 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 06 November 2016 at 8:44pm
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Are you in Utah? Has there been a lot of TV ads or ground game for McMullin?

I'm in Utah, but I don't have cable and basically live under a rock so I don't know about his ground game. I've only heard of him through word of mouth, but I guess he's been a pretty hot topic within the mormon community. Outsiders and bitter ex-mormons will say that his only appeal is that he's mormon and that's good enough for mormons, but I think that's unfair. I'm sure there are some that are looking for any alternative to Trump or Clinton, but that's far from the whole story.

IN MY EXPERIENCE, Utah conservatism doesn't reflect conservatism on the national level. You could call it traditional conservative ideals or conservative with a libertarian angle if you want, but there's a strong sentiment of "let US decide what's best for OUR community." It makes sense based on the roots of mormon settlers wanting to do their own thing without interference from the federal government, but it's an idea that all of the non-liberal non-mormons I've met also like. McMullin, as a Utah native with a platform that resonates with Utah conservatives, doing well against two garbage candidates isn't very surprising.

What's surprising to a lot of outsiders is how progressive young people in Utah are, especially young mormons. There's a very tolerant "live and let live" attitude among most young mormons, which is a pretty significant contrast against most of the older ones. It's a strong enough difference that there was a massive backlash from young mormons against the church when they updated certain stances like membership of gay mormons. There were events where you could publicly, officially renounce your membership in the LDS church, and a lot of people did. Trends among young people are important in Utah, since the average age is below 30 years old.

I guess it just annoys the hell out of me when people are so dismissive of Utah as religious party-line Republican zealots when just about every conservative I've met has been thoughtful, well-reasoned, and logically consistent on the issues (mormon or not). I would say it might just be the company I keep, but the rejection of Trump and the popularity of McMullin among so many people I don't know makes it seem at least a little bit consistent.

A thriving economy under decades of Republican control builds a lot of loyalty, but an independent having more than a snowball's chance in hell of taking the state's electoral votes says a lot about Utah's focus on individual liberties and progressiveness that the Republican party doesn't show on a national level. I don't see Utah going blue, but if the Republican party doesn't get its poop in a group on the national level, that easy (R) might not be so easy anymore.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 1:31am
I'm starting to get stressed out over this.  Too bad we can't get election day liquor sale statistics. I bet there'd be a spike in that graph.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 7:32pm
As we look forward to 4 years of more idiocy from who ever wins let's take a moment to thank Obama and his accomplishments.
1. Inedible school lunches.
2. Unaffordable Health insurance
3. Blue lives no longer matter
4. And a population far more divided than before he took office despite 'the promise' of unifacation.

If you do not fear the next four years of whoever is in office, you really do not understand the world around you, and the idiots we put in charge to run it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 24>
  Share Topic