Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 2016 election.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 9:20am
Guess letting North Korea get a nuke wasn't the best idea, huh... Silly obama...
They tremble at my name...
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 9:53am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I'm more worried of war drums when it comes to North Korea.
I guess we'll see how good Kim Jon Un is at playing the game of 'Chicken'.

I
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Guess letting North Korea get a nuke wasn't the best idea, huh... Silly obama...
You do realize that North Korea has been conducting nuclear explosion tests since 2006, right? They've also had factories in place to refine Uranium since 1980.

Please explain how any of that is Obama's fault?

To Tallen, you make a good point. This isn't exactly a big change regarding our involvement in the region, I suppose it just strikes me as a particularly troubling sign of things to come as far as Trump's "foreign policy" is concerned.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 14 April 2017 at 9:59am
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

You do realize that North Korea has been conducting nuclear explosion tests since 2006, right? They've also had factories in place to refine Uranium since 1980.

Please explain how any of that is Obama's fault?

To Tallen, you make a good point. This isn't exactly a big change regarding our involvement in the region, I suppose it just strikes me as a particularly troubling sign of things to come as far as Trump's "foreign policy" is concerned.

It's the conservative flow chart:  1. Did Obama do it? If not, he should have.  If so, he should not have.  Did Trump do it?  If not, it should not have been done.  If so, best decision ever.  

Look at Syria.  For years the right has been saying don't get involved, don't attack them, etc.  Now that Trump is doing it, they're all for it.  

For years the right has been complaining about Obama taking vacations and playing golf.  Now that trump is doing it, not a peep.  
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 12:12pm
To be fair, the dems whined about Bush taking vacations at his ranch. And invading Iraq. Or the housing bubble which was created under Greenspan and Clinton.

And lets not forget Obama sent nearly 100 cruise missiles into Libya, helping to destabilize and creating a power vacuum like in Iraq.

But yeah, keep voting R or D, because it totally makes a difference.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 11:18pm

You don't live within 30 miles of the DMZ so not sure what your issue is.

China looks like they're starting to yank on the choke-chain around Lil' Kim's neck. They just turned away a couple million tons of cheap coal the other week and sent the ships packing back to the DPRK. Wouldn't be surprised to see the PLA doubling up patrols along the Yalu either.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

You don't live within 30 miles of the DMZ so not sure what your issue is.

China looks like they're starting to yank on the choke-chain around Lil' Kim's neck. They just turned away a couple million tons of cheap coal the other week and sent the ships packing back to the DPRK. Wouldn't be surprised to see the PLA doubling up patrols along the Yalu either.
I'm glad to see China getting a bit more serious towards the DPRK, but to be fair they also slapped a bunch of sanctions on the ROK for allowing the THADD deployment, which is really screwing up Lotte and other companies that people buy stuff like food from. I'm fairly concerned since I used to live fairly close to the DMZ, have a bunch of friends there, and some of my old students are now of military age and are just starting their 2 years of service. I'm hoping this is a play to act tough and have the South's back while they straighten out their politics. If Moon Jae-In wins they might have a shot at avoiding a mess. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Lotte

Screw Lotte. They changed their format near where I work, so now I have to drive an extra 10 minutes to H-Mart. It's now a completely Latin super market. You can't even buy frikken gochujiang or kimchi there anymore. They didnt' even announce the change-over. It was Korea-ville one evening and the next morning it was Goya and that godawful Salvadoran polka music. I never felt so sorry for a bunch of old people in my entire life. Nothing but Korean grandmothers walking around with worried looks on their faces since they couldn't find anything that they were used to buying.

As for the rest of your post. I think it's more a show of force on our side, especially with the recent upheaval in the ROK's government. There's a good chance we've already got our dirty little fingers in the DPRK's dirty little pie anyway as it's possible we were responsible for their failed missile launch the other day
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 3:54pm

But yeah, keep voting R or D, because it totally makes a difference.

THIS
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 9:44pm

Lotte

Screw Lotte.
That sounds like it should be a crime against humanity. What the actual heck? Then again it's a pain for me to find half-decent Korean food here so my sympathy is lacking. It would be interesting to know where the Seawolf and Jimmy Carter are right now as they seem likely to have spooky-stuff capabilities to mess with missiles. Launching a preemptive strike while the ROK doesn't have a president would not play well with the ROK at all. Pence HAD to pay them a visit because the Tillerson visit was so ill-received. Taking advantage of their political crisis to kick off a war would piss them off for generations, but might just make the North think they'll go through with it because that's a move the imperialist dogs would pull. Yonhap is reporting deployment of two more aircraft carriers in the East Sea that I have yet to find confirmation of, and other Korean outlets are reporting on some major talks with China and backchannel US stuff indicating a possible deal being discussed. Hopefully this plays out the good way. This seems a bit more serious than the stuff in 2013. 

Edited by rednekk98 - 17 April 2017 at 9:46pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:38pm

Lotte

Screw Lotte.
That sounds like it should be a crime against humanity. What the actual heck? Then again it's a pain for me to find half-decent Korean food here so my sympathy is lacking. It would be interesting to know where the Seawolf and Jimmy Carter are right now as they seem likely to have spooky-stuff capabilities to mess with missiles. Launching a preemptive strike while the ROK doesn't have a president would not play well with the ROK at all. Pence HAD to pay them a visit because the Tillerson visit was so ill-received. Taking advantage of their political crisis to kick off a war would piss them off for generations, but might just make the North think they'll go through with it because that's a move the imperialist dogs would pull. Yonhap is reporting deployment of two more aircraft carriers in the East Sea that I have yet to find confirmation of, and other Korean outlets are reporting on some major talks with China and backchannel US stuff indicating a possible deal being discussed. Hopefully this plays out the good way. This seems a bit more serious than the stuff in 2013. 

I think everyone is just tired of the DPRK's crap right now. The inability to control Kim makes China look weak, something they definitely don't want right now. I'd not be surprised to see the Chinese attempt a coup or even an annexation if something doesn't happen soon.

As for finding Korean food, move over near me.
http://www.honeypigbbq.com/
https://bonchon.com/
https://www.mandudc.com/
http://www.buldc.com/

Just a small sampling of what's available....
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 8:51am
Anyone catch that Yates hearing? Nice to see Cruz get his ass handed to him.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:19pm
I watched the whole thing. Franken was a beast, Cruz was a tool, and this gave me a good laugh:

Edited by __sneaky__ - 09 May 2017 at 12:20pm

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:04pm
There is a pretty substantial 'rumor' of a potential military 'coup' in North Korea, the leadership is getting pretty tired of this young nut job and would like to keep being in power and or alive, they know dispite the propaganda they are a memory if he goes stupid and throws a nuke.....He fires 1 and gets 30plus in return....where is the advantage to that idiocy. And their propaganda is just that as the North Korean military is a show pony more than a true fighting force. Mig 21's and other obsolete equipment against, yea that will work out well for NK.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 8:06pm
FBI Director Comey was fired today.

Interesting..
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 12:26pm
It just gets worse every day. What a dumpster fire this entire administration is.

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:48pm
Yeah, things have definitely been escalating the last two days.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:34pm
I'm pretty excited that I'll possibly see an impeachment in my lifetime.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 5:22pm

I'm pretty excited that I'll possibly see an impeachment in my lifetime.
God, I hope so.

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 4:39am
I'm not getting my hopes up.  That would require the majority of congress to admit that they were either willfully complacent with this administration's shenanigans or completely ignorant to the point of incompetence.  I don't see either happening.  

Edited by Eville - 13 May 2017 at 4:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
  Share Topic