Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 2016 election.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

But it's not good, and I think, only a month out, this is probably the end.
Fivethirtyeight's prediction right now:

Should be an interesting debate Sunday after seeing Trump's "practice round" at Town Hall style.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 7:04pm
Best election ever.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2016 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

[QUOTE=agentwhale007>
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant;">
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant;">But it's not good, and I think, only a month out, this is probably the end.[/QUOTE>Fivethirtyeight's prediction right now:

Should be an interesting debate Sunday after seeing Trump's "practice round" at Town Hall style.

I visited five thirty eight. Every headline was anti-Trump and the ads were pro-Hillary. I would trust that as much as I would trust the Blaze.

I'm very curious to see how Hillary and Trump will react tonight. Hillary will call Trump a misogynist. Will the reaction be "men are pigs around other men" or, "I never raped a woman".
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2016 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I'm very curious to see how Hillary and Trump will react tonight. Hillary will call Trump a misogynist. Will the reaction be "men are pigs around other men" or, "I never raped a woman".

A little of column A......a little of column B....

?

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 11:36am
That went about the same as last time. 

Clinton took exactly zero risks, Trump under-performed and stepped in it a few times. 

I'm pretty well sure this thing is done at this point, with as little time as we have left. 
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 11:40am
Watching the debate last night was almost worth the country getting one or the other... 

I've voting trump, because... supreme court and our pathetic taxes killing business in our country and my belief that he might actually be able to get some companies to open business here instead of just closing them...

Hillary is a criminal. Her "donations" with 98% going to HER own charity are just unbelievable. And the way the media is promoting her like she is perfect is astounding. 

I can't believe the stuff I see daily since I had to take journalism ethics classes... Clearly none of the current journalists paid attention in those classes...

Oh and apparently I'm now in the  Mod group... Haha! 
They tremble at my name...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 5:29pm
The first polls from during/post Trump's sexual assault tape are in. This thing is done. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 5:34pm
Also, Paul Ryan said he wouldn't campaign with Trump anymore, and he wasn't going to defend Trump anymore if asked about him. 

This is effectively the GOP administration trying to salvage the down-ballot races now that the presidential election is all but done. I get that the Senate is a coin flip now, but it's odd that Ryan's language indicates he's dropping from supporting Trump to help out House races. The House isn't really in play. 
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 9:47pm
Watch them at the midnight hour try and punt trump out and parachute a candidate in which is sad and way too late. Hillary is your next presidentess, this is unreal, and disgusting... "imo".
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Watch them at the midnight hour try and punt trump out and parachute a candidate in which is sad and way too late.

They essentially can't. 

"They" being any structure of the GOP, be it the party leadership or the RNC. They can choose to not support him with a ground game, not help him coordinate events and fundraising, etc. Or they could encourage people to vote for a write-in candidate, which they won't do, because whoever that person is would end up with less than a percent. But there is no legal mechanism to "drop" him from the race, so to speak. 

The person runs, not the party. 

Also, as a few news outlets have looked into already, he's already on the ballot, literally, in most states. They've already printed up the ballots with his name on them. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 10 October 2016 at 10:47pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 11:05pm
Literally none of this surprises me.

I've been saying since Trump's nomination that he was going to be beaten.

He always seems to be one word away from the biggest gaffe since the inception of spoken language, and has toed the line more often than is comfortable, and that simply doesn't sit well with anyone who has enough brain cells to bump together and create friction.

There's a difference between 'telling it like it is' and 'yelling made-up crap to get attention.'

The latest 'scandal' with his locker room talk kicked the last wheel from his campaign, and we're headed to a coronation, which- some would say....was the plan from the beginning.

?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 9:47am

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Watch them at the midnight hour try and punt trump out and parachute a candidate in which is sad and way too late.

They essentially can't. 

"They" being any structure of the GOP, be it the party leadership or the RNC. They can choose to not support him with a ground game, not help him coordinate events and fundraising, etc. Or they could encourage people to vote for a write-in candidate, which they won't do, because whoever that person is would end up with less than a percent. But there is no legal mechanism to "drop" him from the race, so to speak. 

The person runs, not the party*

* Unless you're a Democrat candidate in which case the party has enough super-delegates to swing things the way it wants.

FTFY

That said, I think the Republican Party now understands exactly why the Democratic Party carries soooooo farking many super-delegates. Whether trump was a foil as many have suspected from the get-go, or legitimately wanted to run on the GOP ticket, if the RNC had enough super-d's to throw a wrench in the works, we'd be looking at a much tougher general election for Hillary with an experience politician facing off against her.

My hope for down the road is that Larry Hogan from here in MD runs in 2020 Fiscally conservative, socially moderate Republican Gov with a very high approval rating in a Dem state.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 9:51am
I find podesta's leaked emails to be astounding. And the way the media ignores them. Especially the latest where they admit to making sure the public is too dumb to vote intelligently. As it is so much easier to manipulate the ignorant. 

Essentially saying all their voters who vote democratic are stupid by their design. 

oh, and "fact checking" which really isn't anything else but more liberal drivel based on the results wanted... 
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-25/politifact-apparently-even-facts-are-subjective-and-based-party-affiliation

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 11 October 2016 at 9:52am
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 7:54pm
I do not understand this idea that Trump "tells it like it is" in any capacity. No he doesn't. That is kind of the problem.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 11 October 2016 at 7:55pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 9:46pm
Trey Gowdy/Ben Carson 2020
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 10:55pm
Sadly then, in the interest of not wanting to go down in history for having voting for either of them, I would not vote.  Trump is a pig.  I have a beautiful wife, 3 grown daughters and 2 granddaughters, don't..DON'T even try to justify this man and his comments regarding women.  Hilary, is a life long deceiver and enabler, I have no respect for her at all.  Yes, I'm Canadian so maybe it seems like it's not my business., We are very connected to our awesome southern neighbours and have a genuine vested interest in the outcome of this and all US Presidential elections; it affects us here.  
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 9:47am
It's funny, as for years I always heard that the republicans needed to drop the fuddy duddy morals thing off their platform and get a candidate that was more open minded and didn't have so many religious hangups as he would easily win...

Then we get trump, who is the embodiment of those ideas and the same people crucify him for having low moral fortitude when it comes to women... Who exactly is surprised when this came out? Honestly I figured he did way worse than made a few lewd comments, but all this outrage over lewd comments...

Weiner sends pics of his junk to minors and not a peep... He even runs again... And his wife is hillary's second in command. Not to mention huma was an editor for an islamic paper that demeans women and gays... But, we are supposed to ignore that. 

Then you have hillary destroying people when she gives weapons to isis. 
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/12/arms-dealer-says-administration-made-him-scapegoat-on-libya-operation-to-protect-clinton.html

The media lets hillary change stories before they are published in a clear violation of the times ethics....
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/new-york-times-gave-hillary-veto/

And EVERY single media outlet that interviewed hillary was for her... No shock to people that pay attention, but it is pathetic in this day and age that the media is 100% in support of liberal candidates. 
http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-campaign-boasts-media-every-single-interviewer/

Just so much corruption. I'm sick of voting for democrats and republicans. I don't mind that trump is flawed as I care more that he is anti establishment as just like Europe exiting their one world government with brexit. We too need to get the career politicians out and get some stuff fixed in Washington. They have ruined our economy for a generation with Obama... We have to turn the ship around. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Then we get trump, who is the embodiment of those ideas 

There's a pretty big gulf between "I wish the GOP would run a candidate who isn't bogged down by religious-based social issues," and ending up with a candidate who has advocated and bragged about sexually assaulting women. 
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 8:45pm

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Then we get trump, who is the embodiment of those ideas 

There's a pretty big gulf between "I wish the GOP would run a candidate who isn't bogged down by religious-based social issues," and ending up with a candidate who has advocated and bragged about sexually assaulting women. 

Yeah, and Whale and I rarely agree on politics.

It's been a pretty glaring gap in the GOP strategy to ignore the sizeable fiscally conservative/socially liberal portion of likely young voters. Just because a demagogue isn't electable to prove that we need a 1960's style "family values and mandated prayer" candidate either.

I maintain that the GOP still COULD regain it's place as a real contender in the future if it is willing to accept a more libertarian/conservative mix instead of continuing to rely on a voter base that will continue to shrink as it ages out.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 10:10pm
Hillarys shortcomings from whitewater to benghazi and everything in between are well known by most of the educated masses, and rightly so.  Trump on the other hand, he has more skeletons in his closet than any candidate in recent history.  The more he talks the more people will dig and they have just touched the surface on this reality show host. If he wan't actually running for the presidency I would think it was hilarious, and when putin is pulling for you, you know things just ain't what they should be.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
  Share Topic