Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3D Manual (98 and A5 so far)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3D Manual (98 and A5 so far)
    Posted: 08 February 2004 at 8:49pm

I always thought it would be cool to have a thread with real actual pics of a gun's internals and how it goes together and that stuff. So I made one.

I know that Enos has his parts guide, and I know that there are manuals and stuff, but for some stupid people like me who suck at reading manuals (or are too lazy to read them) it is easier to just look at the real pictures of the gun.

Anyone feel free to make guides of any Tippmann guns that aren't already in here, or how to install any upgrades that aren't already in here.

____________________________________________________________ __

Here's my guide for my 98.

Down near the bottom of the page Baratak (Thanks a ton man!) posted a link to a guide he made for the A5, it's really elaborate, check it out.

____________________________________________________________ __

Here's my 98 custom and a short sumary and explaination of the parts and stuff.

Sorry for the HUGE files........

Link to Picture

WAM! Here's my 98 in all it's glory.

I circled the bolts that you need to take out in yellow. I also circled the rubber cap on the cocking knob, you need to take it off too before you lift up the left reciever side (I learned that the hard way). You also need to unscrew the bolts that hold in your ASA or drop before you lift up the left reciever side. Make sure you put all bolts somewhere they wont get lost (in a bowl or plastic baggie works good).

Link to Picture

Here is the insides of it before I took out anything. Just a pic to show what it all looks like.

Link to Picture

Here's the front of the gun including the ball detent and front sight assembly. I had to take this one since the first one cut off the front of the gun. Notice how the ball detent sits in the gun.

Link to Picture

Basic stuff here. You will want to oil all these parts and their O-rings (except the ball detent). This is the exact position these parts should be in when they fit into the gun.

Link to Picture

Again, pretty self explainitory. To remove the endcap simply lift it up and let it kind of pop off the grooves that it sits in. Then you can remove the drive spring and guide pin, along with the cocking knob, buffer O-ring, rear bolt, and rear bolt guide. This is the exact position these parts should be in when they fit into the gun.

Link to Picture

Basic trigger assembly (without sear and sear spring)

Link to Picture

Complete trigger assembly. If you ever need to take these parts out, it's a good idea to put them into a bowl or something so they don't get lost.

Link to Picture

DO ONT REMOVE THESE! These are the powertube bolts, you don't need to remove them for general maintainence or cleaning.

Link to Picture

This is the powertube, it's what the powertube bolts hold in. You don't need to take it out for general maintainence or cleaning. To clean under it you can slide a shop rag or paper towel under the front bolt guide.

Link to Picture

This is basically just how the ball detent sits in the gun. I showed this just because a lot of peole put it in backwards.

Link to Picture

Trigger pins alone.

As far as maintenance, all you really need to do is wipe down all the moving parts and the reciever halves, then oil them up again. Make sure to oil all moving metal parts and all the O-rings. Then, after reassembly, all you need to do is put a few drops of oil into the ASA and then dry fire without paint or a barrel a few times.

If anyone else feels like taking apart their guns and making a sort of  "3D guide" like I did, you can just post it here. That's the main purpose I created this thread and made it a sticky.

If this isn't "sticky worthy" just let me know, or a MOD can unsticky it.

*EDIT* I think I fixed it now.

Edited by EYES

ClancyWggm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClancyWggm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2004 at 8:50pm
Links don't work.
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2004 at 8:52pm

Fixed now.

Edited by EYES

Electric 98 View Drop Down
Guested - F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electric 98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2004 at 1:03am

sorry you are trying to access an image from outside...  

ok, this will help--

(Thats a model 98 custom btw--but the m98 can m98c are so similiar you can use this to help put your m98 back together as well as your m98c)  I don't have one of a procarb, a-5 etc....  this is all.

Edited by Electric 98
M98E
flatline
hpa
Rico AK hopper
Extra m98
Dye stainless steel 10" barrel

MY TRADEWARS
Go to start, then run, then type "telnet www.ostreetzoo.org" without the quotes
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2004 at 6:40am

WAM! I fixed it, YAY!

Edited by EYES

Electric 98 View Drop Down
Guested - F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electric 98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2004 at 12:25pm
I think its doing that because you are linking FROM tippmann.com  but....  how big are all the files???  also you can go to www.fileshack.com (?) they give you like 5mgb free I think
M98E
flatline
hpa
Rico AK hopper
Extra m98
Dye stainless steel 10" barrel

MY TRADEWARS
Go to start, then run, then type "telnet www.ostreetzoo.org" without the quotes
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2004 at 10:46pm

Everything works now.

So what do you guys think? The start of a good sticky thread?

Edited by EYES

FeudSim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FeudSim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2004 at 11:12pm
To make it better, get some pics of other guns. Try to get every type there is.
I want a gun that gives me more thrust per squeeze. Any ideas?
I am the first person ever who owns an individualistic hat!!
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2004 at 3:27pm

Well, that was my intention in creating this thread, unfortunately, I don't own any Tippmann guns besides my 98. I was hoping other people would do like I did and make more "3D manuals" and post them here, that was my whole idea.

So anyone else who has time on their hands if you want to make a manual like I did post it here.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2004 at 8:07pm
if i remember and get unlazy ill make one of my A-5 and maybe my p/c.
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2004 at 8:30pm
wait that o ring in the back is there for a reason? it got lose and i just removed it on my dads model 98. opps ill fix that
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2004 at 9:41pm

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

if i remember and get unlazy ill make one of my A-5 and maybe my p/c.

That would rock man.

jigglydude: Yeah, it's there for a reason, it keeps the rear bolt from slamming into the endcap. If you keep it out the gun will start to not recock. So, yeah, it needs to be there.

hingtapotameat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hingtapotameat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2004 at 2:55pm
hi, i bought a verticle adapter and could somebody show me a pic of how it would look all together and how u would put it in,, thanx
*98c
*14" die boomstick barrel
*rt
*vertical adapter
*green-dead on bullet drop
*adjustable stock
*green-dead on front grip
*kapp 1500 guage
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2004 at 5:37pm

I have another 98 with a vertical adapter and xchamber installed in it. This thing is really old.

Link to Picture

Here's a close up of the vert in the valve.

Link to Picture

To install it, you need to first remove the valve bolts

Link to Picture  (These are the valve bolts)

After that, you need to take the steel briaded hose out of the valve, just unscrew it from the valve. Then, put teflon tape on the male threads of the vertical adapter and screw it into the valve where the hose used to be. After that, take the expansion chamber and teflon tape the male threads of it that will go into the vert's ASA, then just screw it into the vert. From here you'll need to do the hose connections, according to however your ASA is set up. Remeber to teflon tape evrything.

Good Luck, hope this helps.

Edited by EYES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hingtapotameat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2004 at 8:54pm
could anybody give me a pic of what a powerfeed system would look on a 98c... because i would like to know if u still need a hopper of would that powerfeed just hold the balls
*98c
*rt
*vertical adapter
*adjustable stock
*kapp 1500 guage
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2004 at 6:49am

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1780_24542099

There's the powerfeed. This is the only pic I could find, sorry it's not so good, if anyone has another pic of it, it would be great if you would post it up. You'll still need a hopper with the powerfeed, it's just a differrent kind of elbow for the hopper. It'll help the balls feed faster.

Edited by EYES

Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2004 at 12:36pm
I've posted these from time to time.
to see pics on how to take the A-5 apart/put back together Click Here.

Put in a new address... Yahoo changed the page

It's amazing no one ever finds these.

It even in the other sticky

Edited by Baratak
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2004 at 3:29pm

^^^ WOW! That was REALLY elaborate!

Awesome man, thanks.

Looks like this sticky is really coming along, anyone else is welcome to join in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hingtapotameat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2004 at 5:07pm
no that kind of a powerfeed system... one of the new ones that are like $190. the really expensive ones
*98c
*rt
*vertical adapter
*adjustable stock
*kapp 1500 guage
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 3:43pm

A Warp Feed?

If you're talking about a Warp Feed than yes, you still need a hopper, it alos needs to be electric. The Warp Feed relocates the hopper to sit near the trigger, instead of the top of the hopper.

http://www.citlink.net/~hottcake/98pics.html

Here's a link to MILKMAN's site and pics of his gun with a warp.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic