Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Homemade cyclone feed!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guested - F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homemade cyclone feed!!
    Posted: 03 May 2004 at 3:29pm
Do you think that tippmann would get mad if I made a cyclone feed for my 98c, it would be homemade, easy just a low power electric engine and I bet you I could buy the turbine. Or I just might be able to modife a A-5 one to fit the 98c.
98c:
J&J Ceramic Barrel 14"
Dye Sticky Grip
32 Degrees Flame Drop Forward
One Strip Hex nut

Soon To Come:
Double Trigger

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2004 at 3:42pm
More power to ya if you can make it happen.

pbmatty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language (D8)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2004 at 4:00pm

werd yo i would sell those

call it the 95

Revalation View Drop Down
Strike 2 - S-Bomb, Flaming (E8)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revalation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2004 at 4:04pm
ahah well it owuld be a dosie
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2004 at 4:06pm
no but if you can do that, then good job

saepe fidelis
Arbites View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Soon to be Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2004 at 9:04pm
I'm not sure it would be a violation if you even modified a real cyclone to work on a M-98. They may try to go after you if it was on a non-Tippmann, but I doubt they would care on one of their own. But at the same time why turn a M98 into an A-5? If you want an A-5, sell your M-98 and buy one since it will likely be less headache & less money.
A-5: 12" Ceramic, Egrip/WAS/Duel, HPA, MP5 sliding stock
SMG-68: 12" Ceramic
68-Specials(8): 12"&14" Ceramic, 12V Revy *** 1 Tip-n-Strip, 1 Blue, 1 FA w/Qloader
SL-68: 14" Ceramic
SMG-60 Ext. Line
Halex View Drop Down
Guested - F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 10:28am
well i dont think they would care if u made one for yourself, but if you made millions and sold them they get mad and sue you with theer patent some how.
"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts."
pntbl pro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 12:50pm
that would be cool
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 3:13pm

I wouldnt use a motor though, I would just reroute the gas like on the A-5.

Just my two cents.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 5:00pm
Uhm you dont infringe a patent by just building one for yourself. You just cant profit off it.

Have at it.
mbro View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 6:33pm
Tippmann would be mad............very mad..........

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 7:25pm
well u could just buy a egg or revvy instead of using a electic motor, finding a cyclone would be harder than making it fit (duct tape holds the universe together)
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 10:22pm
Just send me $100 and Dennis Jr. himself will personally give you permission.
Pyro-TFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pyro-TFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2004 at 8:24am
actually i think they only have a patent on the cyclone system for the A-5 (how it works on blow-back air), if you hand craft one that works on a different system instead of blow-back air i dont think they can do anything about it.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2004 at 4:59pm
If someone comes up wit a better feeder system(similiar to the A5's) fer the 98c's, jus make sure it doesnt suck up too much gas like the A5's.
Pyro-TFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pyro-TFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2004 at 5:06pm
the A-5 cyclone doesnt run on gas from the tank, it runs on the air that the bolt produces when it moves back into the "cocked" position. its called blowback air.
Pro Carbine00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Carbine00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2004 at 6:14pm
You can do what you want.  They only patenized it so other companies wouldnt do it.  You could make your own,  your not selling them.  Even if you did sell it to some one I wouldnt think you got in trouble.
oompaloompa45 View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Thats still selling...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oompaloompa45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 11:41am

Have fun.

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2004 at 11:56pm
try it. if you want tell us how it turned out.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 1:19am

Sounds like a good idea to me and Tippmann wouldnt really get mad, now the only way Tippmann would trip if you stole the idea of the Cyclone feeder, they could careless bout the hopper and remember someone else already created an A5 hopper that holds more than the original.

So go fer it and when you finally have one done....show us a pic and explain how you did it.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic